Training Begins

Back at the house

The house is quiet

Tamayo has been acting very calm and knitting.

Ironically Yushiro has also been on edge the most. He doesn't want to admit it but he's also worried about you. But he's more worried about Tamayo's calmness. He knows all she does all day is medicine so whenever she stops medicine and starts knitting, it's to calm her anxiety down.

"Lady Tamayo, if you're going to be worried why did you make the test that hard on him" he asked.

"Because he needs to be nothing short of inhumane to beat that challenge" she replied, still knitting.

"But most demon slayers don't do that much even in their training"

"Yes Yushiro, and most demon slayers die. If he can't get back here by the time limit he's not cut out for it."

Yushiro wanted to continue but he didn't want to piss her off.

"But let's say hypothetically that he did pass. What's his training going to be like? I mean don't demon slayers need to learn breathing techniques? Who's going to teach him that?"

"Well, I don't know. I still have notes that HE gave me back then" says tamayo.

"L-lady Tamayo, You're not thinking of...."

"Yes, I don't really know how to teach him but I don't want him to learn any mediocre breathing techniques. He needs to atleast replicate the real thing" she said.

Back to you...

It's been almost five hours that you've been running through the mountain and the traps got more and more brutal but you were relentless and you were determined to see the end to this.

After relentless body pain, a laughably low stamina, an hungry stomach, a bruised face, a battered body, a busted left eye and incredible sleep deprivation. As your wish, you finally made it out of the woods to see the mainland.

After that, you could barely even jog. Therefore you had no choice but to walk or rather limp your way home.

7 Hours later....

"Looks like he's not going to make it. It's only a few minutes left" says Yushiro.

"As expected, can you go and fetch him please? He's probably passed out in the woods" says tamayo.

"Yes, lady tamayo" yushiro gets up and as soon as he opens the door a body drops in the house.

"i...I'm home" you said, smiling before passing out.

Seeing your battered state, the calm and collected facade Tamayo has wears off immediately. As she runs to hug your passed out body.

*Sobs* *Sobs* *Sobs*

"Y-Y/N chan, I-I thought something happened to you. I'm so sorry, You'll never leave my side again"

"So I'm guessing it is to start tomorrow, yes?" says Yushiro, though he was turned around and couldn't be seen. His eyes were also laid with tears.

Few Days later

You finally woke up after a few days. Ofcourse Tamayo was fussing all over you, telling you never to do it again. But she agreed that she's going to do her best to get you well trained.

Now you stand in front of Yushiro on your first day of training. He then explained breathing techniques to you and how essential they are for demon slayers.

"Oho how exciting! water,flame,wind,thunder and more! Which one can I learn!" you said excitedly.

'This is just like avatar!' you thought.

"None of them" Yushiro replied, crushing your excitement.

"EEEHHHH!? WHY NOT!?" You protested.

"We'll have you learn the breathing techniques above those ones. It's called sun breathing" he said.

"Sun breathing?"

"Yes, all other breathing techniques come from that" he said.

"An ultimate breathing technique!?"

"Yes, however only one person, Yoruichi Tsugikuni has been able to do it correctly since breath techniques were found. So you might fail"

"Then why are you teaching me if you don't know it?" You asked.

"Lady Tamayo was actually acquainted with the Sun breath user. He gave her some detailed notes. One we're going to teach you with" he explained.

"You learning the best technique also slims your possibility of dying like every other demon slayer out there"

"The strongest demon slayer gave a demon a notes to the strongest techniques? Whaaaat" You squinted as it doesn't make much sense to you.

"I don't know, apparently they were friends back in her day." Yushiro shrugged.

"Fine, as long as you know what you're doing. Let's begin my swordsmanship training now." you said.

"Yea, about that..." he scratched his head.

"Your body is a bit too young and fragile for this technique. So we'll spend a few years building your body first"

'W-whaaaaaaat!!!!!'

It's as Yushiro said. The sun breathing technique is so potent that you couldn't do it at your age as bones will be crushed. You need your body to get stronger first.

"W-WHAAAAAAT!!!!!"

It's as Yushiro said. The sun breathing technique is so potent that I cannot do it at my age as bones will be crushed. I need my body to get stronger first.

A/N- Well folks! We're done for the week. Hope you have great weekdays, I know this week will be very hectic for me. But see you next weekend!!! Adios👋! Ciao👋! Au Revoir👋!