Message Of Sorrow

A Month Later

You flutter your eyes open, immediately annoyed at the loud singing from the kitchen.

You walked all the way, groggily moving your feet as you moved your disheveled hair out of your face

You walked all the way, groggily moving your feet as you moved your disheveled hair out of your face. The voice got louder as you got closer to the kitchen.

“Haaaaaaa! Yeaaah! Oooooh!”

“Sana.”

“La-la-la-la-la-la-la!! Lalalala!!! Lalalala!!”

“um Sana”

“La-la-la-la-la-la-la…”

“Sana, Shut up! It's six in the morning!!” You yelled.

“Ah! If it isn't Y/N-Sama, I was just making breakfast!!!!”

“Okay but like why're you yelling?”

“Because food taste better when you make it with passion hahaha”

“Whatever, there's no talking to you…just stop screaming, I wanna sleep more”

“Sleep is for weaklings, Y-”

“Shut uuup!” you screamed.

“Okay,! Lalalalalala-la-laaaaaa-la…”

You shake your head and just walk off. It's been a month since those kids got here and they've been beyond chaotic.

Sana makes breakfast, apparently her family used to run a restaurant and she helped them or something. You don't fuckin' remember, You just wanna sleep.

Plus her food tastes great, better than the struggle meals you put together on your own. She just needs to be more quiet, she does that everyday.

As you were going back to your room, you met another morning monster. Her little brother, Naoya.

“Hey, what do you need?” You bent down to his level smiling.

He then brings out the pad you got for him to write with.

:I HAVE A PRESENT FOR YOU:

it read.

“Um- can this present not wait? I'm still trying to sleep”

Hearing what you said, he then had the saddest puppy face ever. He's more dangerous than his sister, everytime he doesn't get what he wants he makes that face.

“Naoya, I promise I'll take the present once I wake up, smile for me, please?” You said.

He shook his head in disagreement and...

“Ugh fine, let me see it”

His smile shone bright as he grabbed your hand and took you to his room filled with ink and countless quails.

‘kids are annoying’

Then he shows you his surprise. It was a picture of you training, hand drawn physically by him. Yes, Naoya's quite the artist.

He then wrote on the pad

:Thank you for everything:

It says.

You were overflowing with emotions and couldn't help but hug him.

Yes, kids are annoying but honestly, you didn't mind.

Now you don't feel like sleeping anymore. Plus the sun is almost out anyway.

“Hey, food is ready!!” you heard Sana’s loud self.

“Just in time” you smiled, you looked at Naoya and he had an excited smile too.

You held his hands as y'all made it towards the Dining table as Sana served the food.

Naoya lets go of your hand running towards the food, immediately dismantling it.

SANA POV

“Looks good, honestly. Looks like all that yelling paid off huh’” he said.

Oooooh he gave me a compliment. He tells me that all the time but it doesn't feel any less amazing.

“Thank you hehehe. Enjoy.” I said, unable to control my grin.

“Well, don't mind if I do!” As he's about to take his first bite. We heard a noise from outside.

*COOOCOOOROOOOOOOOKOOOOO*

“Y/NNNN!!! Y/NNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!”

“Yuki?” he said.

Y/N got up with urgency, as the tone of voice demands. Naoya and I looked at eachother. I can tell, he was scared and so was I. That wasn't a regular scream. Hope Y/N-nii is not in danger.

“What's up, talk to me.” he carried it into his lap. Gently caressing the feathers.

“Calm down, it's okay, Yuki.”.

Wait, was that screaming coming from that dove?.

“Eek! A talking dove?” I asked surprised, but Y/N-nii gestured to be quiet. I obliged. Even I can tell, this really isn't the time.

So I stood with Nagumo and watched.

“So, what's the problem, Yuki?” he asked.

“So I was out today and I got a message that…that…”

Y/N-nii was getting anxious. I was getting anxious and I don't know what happened.

“that what? Yuki, tell me!. What happened!??”

“ After successfully subjugating the demon train, The flame hashira Kyojuro Rengoku unexpectedly ran into an upper moon a few hours ago and… he'd been pronounced dead...”

“...”

“...”

“And it was conf…”

“Shut up. Where’s the joke? Because I can’t find it.”

The atmosphere immediately changed. I always knew Y/N-nii was somewhat dangerous but today made that clear.

I had never known fear quite like now. Not even when I watched my mom get slaughtered by that monster. The fear I knew with that creature, pales in comparison. I can't even speak or move because If I do, I don't know what will happen to me. He might…Y/N-nii might kill us. 

He sat there calm but I could feel the violent storm erupting from his eyes.

I look at Naoya and…

He was crying, he held onto my yukata so tightly, burying his face into my sides.

“Looks like they can't go without taking something from me huh’? Fuckin' Disgusting Demons. I'll kill them all.”

* * * * * *

The news spreads like wildfire. The flame pillar had just been taken down. Few were apathetic, a lot were distraught, saddened and most were scared.

The last time a hashira was lost was about four years ago, also to an upper moon. The upper moon demons just seem to kill whatever pillar they want and they've never heard of a pillar defeating an upper moon.

Not in their lifetime.

With the power dynamic this unbalanced, it begs the question, is there anyone who can really stop them?

* * * * * *

A/N: damn.