Echoes Of Danger

The Next Day...

Inosuke and Tanjiro were on the rooftop waiting as per their agreement to rendezvous. The two boys chit chat while waiting. The harsh sun having no mercy on their skins.

"Show me my rank!" Inosuke screams, pulling out his hand to show his rank magically appears.

"Wow, neat! I didn't know that" says Tanjiro, clearly impressed.

"By the way, where's Zenitsu? Shouldn't he be here by now? Have you seen him?"

"Ah!? Monitsu?! Why would I know!? Surely he'd show up!" Inosuke replies.

"He's not coming." a voice suddenly appears.

"Uzui-san!!"

"I haven't been receiving any messages from Zenitsu yet. If we assume the worst case scenario..." Uzui stops.

"He's been captured." Tanjiro finishes his sentence.

"More perplexing is that. I haven't heard from Y/N either." Uzui says.

"Y/N-San? Has he been captured too?! Don't tell me-"

"I underestimated this Demon. It's clearly stronger than I thought. Y/N said something about the Kyogoku house's Oiran. Funny enough, that was the house Zenitsu was assigned to."

"It can't all be coincidental!! That Oiran has killed those two!!"

"Inosuke!" Yelled Tanjiro. He shouldn't put that in the air.

"Tanjiro, Inosuke. Go home. This is not a battle you should be in". Uzui orders.

"But..."

"We're most likely dealing with an upper rank. If it can get Y/N- we're in trouble. I don't need you to hinder me. I respect you Kamado, but please... leave. There's nothing dishonorable about staying alive."

He vanishes leaving Tanjiro sad and Inosuke speechless.

"What should we do, Monjiro?"

* * * * * *

A few hours later, it was sundown and Tanjiro has been down in the dumps since earlier. Obviously he's not going to leave because he wishes to help. However the guilt of Rengoku still eats at him. What if he isn't strong enough to help Uzui this time too. Will Uzui die because of him again?

No matter, he is now back in his demon slayer uniform and despite his fear and uncertainty, he still wants to persevere. He agreed to meet with Inosuke earlier. He should also be getting ready.

"Ah! I have to say goodbye to Koinatsu-san!" He remembers as he makes his way to Koinatsu.

* * * * * *

Meanwhile in Koinatsu's room. A certain demon was looking through her stuff.

"How dare him! How dare him sleep with her when he has me?! What does she even have?"

As Daki looks through Koinatsu's things to see makeup and clothes which she'd normally judge to be way inferior to hers. But he clearly sees something special in her to pursue that pig and not her.

"What are you doing, demon?" On the window, stands Tanjiro staring her down as he grabs the hilt of his sword.

"Can't you see, I'm taking a shower" Daki says, exaggerating her gestures. Which really drives home her sarcasm. Before going back to dismantling things.

Normally she would be on this eyesore's head already. But she cares so little for him right now because her mind is on something else that his presence doesn't even interest her.

This obviously throws Tanjiro off. Who was offended but also surprised at her attitude.

"Prepare to die! Water breathing, fourth fo..."

"Shut up! You ugly little creature!" she's had enough, she throws her sash at him. Launching him to the roof of the next building.

'what! That was so fast, I could barely react!! If I dodged that any slower, my head would be off my neck by now?! So this is an upper moon'

"You wanna die so bad, then fine by me." Daki grins as she stares her prey down.

Tanjiro gets up as his spirit is not broken yet.

"Water breathing, fourth form!!"

*Clash*

A/N- Quick, so I'm bouta piss a few ppl off but it's fine. There's gonna be a drastic skip from this last scene to the next scene. Reason being, no significant changes happens between the fic and the actual anime and there's utterly no reason to right word for word every sequence that you already know, kinda boring and pointless. I'm tryna get this story moving yfm?.
so yea, ✌️.

* * * * * *

* * * * * *

Nezuko had become something that even her brother couldn't recognize. Yes, it was for his sake because he was getting absolutely destroyed and thrown around by Daki but it doesn't take a genius to see that she's no longer the innocent little angel as usual.

She kicks Daki into an upstanding position as a setup and finishes by kicking her face mid air. Launching her across the street before crashing her down through a few walls.

She turns to see the civilians. The blood that runs through their veins and the alluring scent of their flesh. How enticing. As she walks towards one of them.

Tanjiro quickly tries to stop her by forcing the sheath in her mouth but she was too strong for just him to handle and she ended up trashing him to the upper floor. Though Tanjiro wasn't so weak to let go of her that easily.

As they both struggled around, Daki was standing again with a renewed sense of anger and she didn't think that was possible.

With half her face burned off she walks towards the siblings. It was so bad that it was taking way longer to heal.

"Why can't I get something for myself, anytime I try to be happy. You pesky humans just get in my way"

She raises her sash and...

"I would prefer if you just...Die!"

Right as she was about to strike.

A gust of wind blew by and her attack was neutralized immediately.

"Yo."

A/N- Nothing here😃