Dependent

3RD POV

A long, passionate kiss.  Y/N held his arms around kanae’s, tightly almost as if he were trapping her. Although there was nothing to trap as the woman was not even really resisting, in fact she reciprocated the kiss. Finally the kiss broke.

“Y-Y/N-Kun, this isn’t right.” Kanae said, even though her action proves otherwise.

She felt like the words she spoke will somehow relieve the guilt of the sinful thoughts she’s had or the morally illicit actions she’s about to take. She is supposed to be a pure example to the world afterall.

“But I love you!” Y/N replied.

Those eyes again…’ she thought. 

His eyes were practically sparkling, they shone with such brightness and youthfulness.

Knowing that as he grew older and experienced the hardships of life, those stars will definitely fade and get harder to find. Or even worse he finds other sources of happiness and those eyes shine for someone else.

She couldn’t bear that, she wanted to make those eyes belong to her regardless of what experiences he goes through in the future.

For that reason she plans on using the absolute emotional attachment that comes from being someone’s first time to keep Y/N in her clutches. 

Is it wrong? Yes, ofcourse it is. She understood that perfectly. If someone were to do the same to any other child or worse, her sister Shinobu she’d be highly enraged.

However…

“Promise me…” she said.

“Hm? wha…?” said Y/N.

“Promise me that nobody will find out…” she replied. “If you truly loved me, you wouldn’t tell anyone, okay”

“I promise! This secret will ever see the light of day!” Y/N yelled, excited like no tomorrow.

“Shhh, don’t yell too much…”  Kanae whispered.

“S..sorry” said Y/N.  

Kanae slowly brushed her hand on Y/N’s cheeks almost as if petting a precious pet. Her hands soothing him as his body relaxed to her touch. 

“Just close your eyes, Y/N-Kun. I’ll do the work from here”

Even though she was hailed as the purest hashira.  Everyone looks up to her like the perfect older sister.

  Guess the purest in public isn’t so innocent herself behind closed doors. Wonder if all the hashiras all have skeletons in their closets.

Even the most glorious people that others look up to might not be as perfect as the public make them to be.

* * * * * *

3 Weeks later

As time went on, under the world’s nose. Both Kanae and Y/N went on with their little affair.  Which obviously had an immediate effect on either of them.

Y/N being the most apparent. His motivation to be a hashira has taken a backseat. He wanted to become a hashira to be “worthy” of kanae. But he has her already so he doesn’t really have the drive to strive for the position as much.

Who could possibly blame him?

He was always on the sidelines while all his colleagues went to parties, hooked up with beautiful girls that he would be lucky if he managed to hold eye contact with any of them.

But now he’s having sex with an actual goddess almost everyday of the week. A woman that actually loves him and isn't just with him out of pity. Someone he loves and would obviously be in her arms forever.

His eyes have become so tinted with beautiful flowers that he can’t even think about the future. Everything has Kanae in it with no thought for anything else. He's at the point where he's dependent on her attention to make him happy.

What could possibly go wrong for him?

You’d think because Y/N is actually forty, that his maturity would be enough to pull himself out of the hole he is digging for himself.

Well, That'd be true for any forty year old who has gone through life, has social experiences and made relationships, failed and grown from them. Someone who has had scars and is now wiser as a result of those scars.

Y/N has done none of that. He has no skills socially or emotionally, he hasn’t made mistakes and grown from them like his fellow men because he hasn’t even attempted to.

No making friends, No falling out of friend groups, No girlfriend, No breakups. No acceptance, No rejection. No heartbreaks, No growth, Nothing. Just a human being.

Yes, he's handsome now. Yes, he’s a demon slaying prodigy. His physical talents are that of legends but that isn’t the only growth that needs to be undertaken for a human being to be complete. Quite frankly Y/N L/N might still have some Gargoyle Black remains in him.

He feels like his life is basically over. He doesn’t have the drive or discipline to even got to training anymore, he doesn’t send letters to Tamayo or Yushiro anymore. Nothing really matters anymore.

While Kanae has been a bit affected too. Her life couldn’t be going better. She’s still a prestigious hashira, with fame, respect and absolute control over her pet-like student.

While she feels a bit of guilt. Even though he seems very happy to be with her right now, he might have trouble making relationships with other people in the future. But she also feels a sense of superiority because as long as she lives she'll be his only source of happiness. 

A/N- Sorry for the super late update. Came back home like 12 in the morning and felt like doing nothing. See y'all next week. Ciao👋! Au Revoir👋! Adios👋!