The Duel

It was just about a few minutes till sunset. The winds breezed through, tamely swaying the trees side to side moving their leaves like cheerleaders. Looks like even nature was intrigued by the spectacle.

The spectators felt differently though. Master just wanted a change of pace for the Hashira meetings as something like this never happens.

Uzui and Rengoku were the only ones excited to witness this.

Sanemi,Giyu,Obanai and Mitsuri even though she was all smiles couldn't care less. This was a massive waste of time as the outcome was incredibly obvious.

Kanae on the other hand was on the brink of tears.

"Y/N-kun!!. You do not have to do this!!! This is pointless and you'll get hurt for no reason!! You cannot beat him!"

Even with all her begging and crying which was all in Y/N's interest and safety.

Y/N simply looked at her and smiled in response before returning his gaze back to his opponent.

"Why, Why don't you ever listen to me, always such a reckless child"

She dropped to her knees and simply cried even more. She couldn't say anything else to the boy.

"It's okay, Kocho. He'll be fine" Rengoku says smiling while Misturi simply patted her back.

* * * * * *

'Okay Y/N this is it. Just do your best' you thought.

"Boy,..." Said Gyomei bringing you out of your head.

"Why do you want this duel? If you love fighting they're thousands of demons to slay" he said.

You thought for a moment before answering.

"Demons don't cut it for me. I've killed so many demons that I have no room to improve my skills because they're all trash. But with you, I can gauge where I truly am, " you replied.

"I see, most impressive. I wish you luck, young man" he said.

'Wish me luck? Is he saying I'm no threat?  No. he's just trying to get in my head. Focus. He might be strong but I'm faster than him. I'll just bombard him with my speed. Easy.'

You got in position as you grabbed your sword hilt while Gyomei simply stood with weapons wrapped around his arm.

And finally…

"Begin." The master kicked off the duel.

You zapped through the air at blinding speed. Immediately at his chin you tried to knock him out using the back of your blade.

'Got him!'

Right before Gyomei with all hit, he disappeared.

'He dodged that one. It's fine, I'll just go faster'

Y/N gradually increased his speed making slashes after slashes but Gyomei was able to match his speed regardless.

He moved to different angles creating after images slashing and slashing at blinding speed, yet Gyomei seemed unfazed and calmly read his attacks.

"I see why he's a prodigy, he's Hashira level already but honestly…the boy's nothing special" said Obanai.

""He's very big and strong so I'll just overwhelm him with speed.'  How obvious. His attacks lack any forethought" Shinazugawa says.

"Despite Gyomei-San's height and weight he's currently the third fastest Hashira. Stupid Y/N." Says Kanroji.

You obviously couldn't hear them as you kept slashing and getting more frustrated at him dodging everything. The only thing you were focused on was offense.