Last Battle

3RD  POV

“Hic-! Hic! It’s gone awaaaay. Moooommmy? Moooooommmy?”

“Shhh! Kanae-chan? What is it again? It's okay, it's okay

“Shhh! Kanae-chan? What is it again? It's okay, it's okay.”  the mother said, trying to calm her daughter.

“Kanae, how do you manage to cry more than your sister who’s an actual baby. For a big sister, you're quite the crybaby huh' HAHAHAHA!?” her father said, his laugh so deep laugh somehow shaking the ground.

“Nfufu- Honey, you’re- Tss haha... You're not making the situation better” the lady rebuked her husband's laughter all while struggling to contain hers.

“But- but daddy, my star flew away!!!,” Kanae said, crying as she spoke.

“Oh no…um. That's pfft- that's really bad.” says the mother.   “It’s fine, I'll get you a new one from the sky, okay?” 

“No! Mommy I want that ooone staar!!” she cried.

"I-" 

The two parents looked at each other in perplexion. What could they do.

“Ugh, Kanae…” he wiped the tears off her face.

“Yes daddy….”

“I understand that you’ve had it for quite a while and you’ve developed quite the strong attachment to it. Typical you.” he said.

“Honey!”

“But see… Nothing in this world is more constant than change. People, animals, weather, plants, you name it. This single star you love so much is no different. If it’s meant to come back like it says. You will surely see it again…”

“But dad, what will I do without it?” she asked.

"It's your life, daughter. Make the best decision you can. Just move forward and do your best. Improve and be better. Because if it comes back and you're still in the same position. It wouldn't want to be yours again" he said.

Those were the last words said before light fades the scenery away.

“Father!?”’ Kanae yelled out of her sleep to basically nothing. She was by herself in the dojo's corner.

“Should be about ten pm now. Wonder if Y/N-kun is– ah right...”

She grabbed her sword as she began walking to the dojo’s exit deeply lost in thought.

‘Where did I go wrong? Even with everything I still was not the most important person to him.’ she thought.

Flashback

‘“Because if it comes back and you’re still in the same position it wouldn’t want to be yours again…”