Till Next Time

The next day went just as you expected. You finished your morning workouts and got ready in your new demon slayer uniform, ready to slay some demons.

You took the time to write a letter to Lady Tamayo, letting her know that you’re fine but you won’t be coming home for much longer.

She probably didn't react to that well. You can just hear her typical calm, dejected facial expressions in your head.

<So Y/N-Chan has left me for someone else huh? After all I did for that boy,> 

Welp, better her know that i’m safe than not send anything at all.

* * * * * *

You're now standing in front of Kanae’s office. You looked at the door for a few seconds and took a deep breath.

“Kanae-san?”  you knocked.

“Kocho-sama isn’t here currently. She had some matters to attend to early this morning” a passing nurse said.

“Oh thank you.” you smiled.

‘So I didn't see her before leaving eh? From the weird way I acted last night.  She must not want to see me either.’  you thought.

You disappointed, head towards the exit.

“So you were just not going to say bye to me?” Shinobu’s voice rang from behind you.

“U–uh oh. See what happened was—” you tried to find a clever lie to tell but nothing was working on the spot.

“Y’know you’ve been way too close with big sis lately. Even though I was the one who brought you here, you barely even speak to me anymore.” she pouts.

“Shinobu…” you held her shoulders looking into her eyes as she looked up to yours.

  “I’m sorry, okay. I’ve just been really busy with training.”

She looked at you for a moment, before hugging you and burying her face in your stomach.

“Can’t you just not go? I don't want you to leave!” she looked up to your eyes.

Seeing her cry made pulled at your heartstrings, past you would’ve definitely stayed if any pretty thing asked you to.

But that’s not who you are anymore, you can't abandon your responsibilities if you want to become a great man.

So as hard as it was to do, you took shinobu’s arm off your back and held her hand. You slowly rub your thumb on her small knuckles.

“Y'know I can’t do that shinobu. But in return, I promise I’ll come back alive” you smiled. 

“See ya.” you turned around and the moment you were about to step out.

“Y/N!! I…”

“Um? Did you say something?”

“N-No. It was nothing” she said.

You waved at her and disappeared from her sight.

“I couldn’t tell him after all,” whispered Shinobu.

* * * * * *

<How have you been doing, Lady Tamayo. Sorry I didn’t reach out to you for quite a while. Knowing you, you must’ve been worried. I’ve been doing perfectly fine. Also I passed my final selection with flying colors. But I won’t be able to come back home for a while. I've found a place to stay with a friend I met during final selection. Not to mention the estate is way easier to set out on missions rather than home where I have to take trains everywhere. I promise I'll see you soon.>

Yours truly
  Y/N L/N'

“So Y/N-Chan has left me for someone else huh? After all I did for that boy” Tamayo who just finished reading the letter sat on the ground, just dejected as Y/N predicted.

“I-it’s fine, Lady Tamayo…he said that he’ll soon be back.” Yushiro quickly tried to brighten her mood.

He cursed Y/n as he would rather not see his lady in such a sorry state.

But then a few hours later, Tamayo was back to treating patients and Yushiro was also assisting,

‘Y/N-Chan said he missed me and will come back. I’m going to believe him,’ Tamayo thought.

Looks like she’s got her mind occupied by something else. Great! Y/N please don’t send another letter again’ Yushiro thought.

They were both right, Y/N will be back soon but not after going on a demon slaying rampage that would shoot him up the ranks by the next year.

A/N- Hola👋! Ciao👋! Bonjour👋! How was everybody's week? Mines been pretty bittersweet. Graduating literally next week so I'm going through a lil pre grad depression. I really loved my teachers.