Shinobu's Offer

After you were declared Demon Slayers and our uniform was given to us. You're now dismissed to make your way back home.

As you made your way down, you realized something absolutely dreadful. This place has no means of transportation. So after seven days of fighting demons nonstop, you had to make your way from this backwater ass forest all the way back to Tokyo.

You looked up to the sky, as if you're asking God to grant you some teleportation powers because you do not wish to walk at all.

"Ugh. This Sucks!!" You scratched your head.

"Y/N, where are you going?" You heard Shinobu's voice from behind you.

"Home." You replied.

"What? You're leaving already?" She asked, a lace of anxiety in her voice.

You looked back at her with a beautiful, sun-shining smile.

"No, of course not. I'm going to live my life here in the forest swinging with my monkey friends. You wanna come with me? I'll make you a Queen monkey" you gave a soft smile.

She punched your stomach as veins popped in her head.

"I don't need your sarcasm right now!!" She screamed as she walked away.

"Ah-shit!" You grabbed your gut.

"Then why did you ask? Of course I'm going home!!" You screamed at her but she was too mad to turn around.

* * * * * *

A few moments later, you were back walking side by side. It was both a comfortable and uncomfortable silence.

You feel weird admitting this but even though you helped her because she was a beautiful girl, after days of fighting alongside her and escaping danger with her, you have somehow grown to want to protect her. So you relished in this silent moment with her as it might be the last time you see her.

SHINOBU POV

Walking down in silence with Y/N is so uncomfortable. But also I don't want to ruin this moment because this might be my last time with him.

Even though I'm frustrated by him being the same age as me yet significantly stronger than me. Deep down, I don't actually dislike it. I like how safe I feel around him. The thought of this being the last time I see him saddens me a lot.

Unless… maybe I can do that surely big sister wouldn't have a problem with it.

"H-hey Y/N, where is your house located?" I asked. Why I my voice shaky.

"Ah!? It's in Tokyo" he replied.

"I see… Uh!? T-Tokyo!? You live in Tokyo!? That's so far away!" She yelled.

"Yes, It is. I genuinely don't want to walk there right now." He said apathetically.

Why does he sound like that? He is so nonchalant about everything. I'm here worrying about him leaving and he just doesn't care.

Will he agree to what I'm going to tell him?

"W-well Y/N. Since Tokyo is so far away. My home is just a few hours from here, not nearly as far as Tokyo…" I said, making him stop to look at me in anticipation.

"Why don't you come and stay at our estate?" I asked.

He stared at me dumbfounded, making me immediately regret my words.

'Why did I ask that? I shouldn't have asked that!!' I thought.

"Oh dear Shinobu, you're a lifesaver! I'd love to not walk for days at a time. So where's this estate, even if its a shack. I'll stay there" he said.

"I don't live in a shack!!" I screamed, but he doesn't hear me as he's jumping in the hair a few feet forward. He's so goofy sometimes.

'Y/N L/N, you're so annoying' I thought, even though I was smiling.

A/N- Hola👋! Ciao👋! Bonjour👋! That week went by quick didn't it? Hope y'all have a great week 😁.