Off To Kanae's

*COOOCOOOROOOOOOOOKOOOOO*

"I see you disposed another one of these repulsive demons. That makes 45, right?" Says your kasugai crow but it's really a dove.

"Where's the next mission, Yuki?" You asked.

"Aww you don't ever give me any attention. Relaying information everyday isn't easy. I need at least a head pat as a reward"  Yuki says.

You hold your hands out for her to land over. Then you slowly pat her head with your overly hardened hand.

"Is that okay?" You sighed.

"Yes!!!! Yes! Yes! Yes! COOOCOOOROOOOOOOOKOOOOO"

'wierd ass dove'  you thought.

"Now where's my next mission?" You asked.

"Oh yeah there is no next mission." Yuki said.

"What!? Why!?"

"You have been promoted to the role of tsuguko."

"T'Hell is a tsu- nevermind what do I do now?" You asked.

"You're officially under the wing of flower Hashira, Kanae Kocho. You're to report to her mansion and take asylum there" says Yuki.

"O- oh wow– No problem" you were caught off guard but tried to hide it.

Yuki being Yuki, wasn't letting that slide though.

"Oh? Was that blushing  Hmmmmmmmmmmm Innnnnteresttttttinggg" says Yuki

"Oh shut up Yuki!"

Of course she didn't shut up. She was right behind you and teasing the entire way across.

* * * * * *

Tamayo POV

"Yushiro! Can you get the anesthesia? I'll be right with you!" Tamayo says as she picked up a letter that was dropped on her doorstep.

To her very pleasant surprise it read Y/N's name on it.

'Y/N-Chan! It's from Y/N-Chan!!'

'How're you doing? I know I haven't been sending letters for almost a year now or responded to any of the hundreds of letters you sent. But I promise you that I'm fine. I miss you so very much and Yushiro too of course. But you especially. I just want to be coddled in your arms and snuggle up to your chest forever or at the very least see that angelic face of yours...'

"This child… I need to set boundaries" she says with a red tint visible on her tender cheeks.

'.....But I'm not in a position to freely come home currently. I'm working hard to achieve my goal and nothing is going to stop me. Good thing is, I climbed up the ranks and I'm now a Kinoe demon slayer. Even better I've just been promoted to tsuguko as I write this letter. I'm currently on my way to the Hashira I've been assigned to, which luckily for me is the same lady that took care of me after final selection…'

'....That woman again? He seems very fond of her. Too fond for my liking' Tamayo thought.

She felt....weird.

A feeling she couldn't describe, maybe because it's foreign to her.  But she only feels that way when you spoke about other women in such a manner.

It just fills her up with annoyance and makes her supremely uncomfortable.  But then she remembers a statement you used to say.

FlashBack

“...and I will always love you, Lady Tamayo”

FlashBack End

"That's right. Always me." She reassured herself before she continued reading the letter.

'...But other than that, I'm going to keep working hard to achieve my goal faster. Then I can see you sooner. Both you and Yushiro should take care. Be safe and I will always love you, Lady Tamayo.

Loves,

Y/N L/N'

Tamayo smiled after reading that letter as she felt relieved. As if a knot had just been untied in her chest. But then again, she'd been worried about your safety since you left.

"Lady Tamayo, the patient is ready!" Yelled Yushiro.

"I'll be right there." Tamayo responded.

She held the letter close to her chest.

"Be safe Y/N and I will always love you too" she whispers.

A/N- Hola👋! Ciao👋! Bonjour👋! How was everybody's week? Today's chapter will be much earlier cuz today's my HS graduation🎓🎓🎓 and idk when I'll be back. I'm so nervous 😸. See y'all post-graduation.