A man worthy of you

Later that night

You had just finished your evening cardio and you were on the roof stargazing. Then you realize where you are and where you have been, you find it somewhat unbelievable that this could be your life right now.

"Mom, Dad. Where are you now...?" You reminisced.

"Who knows? Somewhere peaceful i'm sure"

"Hmm hmm" you replied, before you realized that the voice just now wasn't yours.

You instinctively tensed up ready to attack but then you turned around and was met with Kanae's face just inches away from yours.

Your fight or flight response was immediately shut off as you were now a blushing mess.

Even though it might be inappropriate, you kept your lips in the same position, hoping she'd close the gap between you and her.

Noticing your clear longing for her lips, she smiled.

"The stars shine very brightly tonight eh?" she said, pulling away from you.

"O-oh yes it is." you said also pulling back from your awkward position.

"You were speaking about your parents earlier," she asked.

"Hmm yea."

"Passed?"

"Yes."

"I see"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"H-How about yours, Kanae-san?" you asked, as you looked at your feet while twiddling them.

"Shinoubu didn't tell you?"

"Not at all" you replied.

"We lost ours too."

"Wha...? I'm sorry" you said.

"It's okay" she smiled.

Y/N POV

Kanae and I sat there for hours just talking. I told her about how I was raised and how a woman found me and raised me to where I am now. Didn't mention their names or what they are though.

Apparently, her dream was never to become a demon slayer, she even finds demons scary even as a Hashira.

She had a princess-like dream to grow older and find her prince charming to live happily ever after with. Even Shinobu might have had that dream once.

However, that would be a dream of the past as her parents were killed by demons when she and Shinobu were younger. Which might explain Shinobu's extreme hate for demons and less tolerant personality.

I don't understand what's happening to me. I guess seeing two young women whose dream was stripped away from them along with their families and then forced to carry swords and go into battle is not such a happy thing to hear.

An hashira, no less telling me this.

How? How can someone so strong be so vulnerable? How can the pinnacle of strength be so fragile?

The always-smiling banner for happiness right here, spilling her sorrows and fears from the depths of her heart to me.

I always thought she was pretty, I mean who wouldn't and I admired her for her strength as an Hashira.

But right now... in this moment... in her truest, weakest and most vulnerable form. Kanae Kocho has never looked more beautiful.

End POV

You felt a strange desire. An urge you couldn't control. The urge to protect her, you want to make her feel safe in your arms and make her dependent on you. For her to feel protected in your arms... and your arms only.

But currently that's not even possible. They're way more capable demon slayers than you. There's no way she'd look at a 12 year old boy that she can beat for protection.

That can't happen! That should never happen!! You can't let her seek other men's protection!!! She's yours to protect. She's yours, Yours and Only Yours.

You're not that fat guy anymore. You will not let other men have what's yours.

You will work even harder to the point where no demon slayers, not even the hashiras can stand up to your might.

"Y/N...are you okay?" kanae asked, her calm voice soothing your ears.

"Kanae-San. I want you to be mine to protect." you said, without a shake in your voice. The past you would've never had the confidence to say that out loud.

"Y/N-Kun?" she looked at you confused.

"But I'm not strong enough of a man to protect you, yet" you looked into her eyes and held her hands.

"Which is why I'll grow into the strongest hashira ever so no other man or demon would be able to stand to my might. Then I'll have you safe in my arms." you said.

"Ara~ that's quite a bold claim there. I'm the weakest of the hashiras y'know" she smiled.

'Shes not taking me seriously. Why would she? I'm 12 afterall' you thought

"Doesn't matter! I'll beat them all and... and once I become strong enough....a man worthy of you....I'll make you love me, Kanae Kocho" you looked into her eyes, the stars in your eyes gleaming with passion.

You were both silent for a second before she suddenly took her hands from you.

"Y-Y/N-kun..." she says, avoiding your gaze.

"It's a bit too late to be out here, isn't it?. It's getting too cold. You should go back inside" she said.

'Shoot did I creep her out? But... Nevermind.' You thought.

"See you..."

"Also Y/N-kun..." she stopped you.

"Address me with the proper honorifics. I'm still 12 ranks your senior y'know".

'Fuck!! Did I call her by her actual first name? Fuck me man!!' you thought, mentally pulling you hair out.

"I-I'M sorry, Kanae-San!!" you said and vanished from her sight.

Kanae, who was still on the rooftop holding the hand you grabbed.

"Make me love him? He's seemed so sincere, maybe he's just a child. But those fiery eyes... How can he make my heart beat this loud?" she said.

A/N- Well folks! I have to go to bed. Hope you have great weekdays, see you next weekend!!! Ciao👋! Au Revoir👋! Adios👋!