Challenge

Y/N POV

As aforementioned, Kanae had taken you to the function. On the way there you couldn't keep your legs from shaking. Your excitement was through the roof but that was somehow covered with your nerves.

You had built expectations of what they were going to look like. Kanae was very nice so maybe they're all nice but then again, Sanemi did try to pluck out your eyes 30 seconds into meeting you.

However, no matter how nervous you get. Time was still ticking and it was only a matter of time before you were now standing before them the seven beings who stand at the very pinnacle of the Demon Slayer Corp. The apex of Martial Might.

"W-why I'm I here?"  You whispered to yourself and dropped a sweat.

You didn't want to be dramatic but the way they all stared at you collectively. Live an experiment in a box did not do well for your nerves at all.

"G-Good Evening, I'm pleased to be In Front of you today??"  You awkwardly bowed.

This reminded you of when you'd give presentations in front of class but you didn't prepare.

They stared at you silently and you really couldn't tell what they were thinking because they all had different weird expressions.

"Here, I present Y/N L/N, my most talented student" Kanae said  proudly.

"Hmmmm…." A weirdly dressed one that has the height of an NBA player started.

"He's a handsome young man, I sense some potential for flamboyance in the future. His fashion sense needs some work though."

'I feel like that was unnecessary' you thought.

"OMG!!! You're so kyyyute!!! How old are you!!??"

'She seems nice but her voice is annoying as fuck. Also why're the twins peeking out the window?'

"HMM!! I SENSE POTENTIAL IN YOU SON!!! BECOME MY STUDENT!!"

'Actually shut the fuck up! How is his voice not illegal? It's extreme noise pollution'

"Heard you were able to stop one of Shinazugawa's blows. Impressive, hope we work together in the future"

"Thank you very much" you smiled. He seems like a nice person. That snakes shouldn't come near me though.

"Tch loser" says Sanemi. Normally you'd say something back but you ignored him.

"So sad. Such a sad young man." A crying, Buddhist looking guy says, without introduction through aura alone, you knew exactly who that was.

'That has to be Gyomei. He's definitely no joke. No surprises here his battle spirit trumps everyone standing here. It's not even close. That height and size is gonna be a problem for me but I'm sure my speed wouldn't lose to his. I can't wait to duel him!!!' you squealed internally.

They was one more Hashira that had the eyes of a dead fish.

'whats his deal?'  You thought.

But he said nothing to you so you didn't bother with him. He's minding his own business and you liked that about him. The world would be a better place of people just minded their business like him.

'He's probably mute anyway'

Finally the master came out and you exchanged pleasantries. You were invited in with the rest of the Hashiras.

It was a great afternoon and you talked for hours. You find the people who you initially thought were annoying to actually be the coolest people in there.

Namely Rengoku,Uzui and Kanroji who was by far the most excited to hang with you. You didn't hate her company either. Her annoying voice was just something to get used to.

Everyone else was in-between. Namely Sanemi for obvious reasons and Kanae wasn't clear why she seemed so standoffish throughout the whole thing. Probably because of Kanroji

The master was very welcoming and hospitable and it was an all round good time. But you still weren't satisfied. You wanted what you came here for. You couldn't keep your eyes off the huge tank in the middle of the room.

"What's wrong Y/N, You're not paying me any attention…"  Kanroji pouted.

"Uh? Ohh sorry… I was just carried away." You smiled.

"Youve been looking at Himejima-San all weird since for ever"

Now Misturi simply spoke what's on her mind without thinking but she said it so loudly that the whole room was now paying attention to both of you alone.  The silence was…

'shit. This bitch... you thought.

"Is there a reason as to why you were staring at me, child? I felt it too" Gyomei himself decided to speak.

Now everyone was looking at you like you were crazy. You took a deep breath and just said the first thing that came to your mind.

You didn't want to try to be too cool and then do something corny and have to live with the embarrassment for the rest of your life. Also you wouldn't like to embarrass Kanae.

"I-I've just heard some great things about you. I admire you for being the strongest hashira and… and I was just curious." You said.

"Curious about what?" He asked.

"Y'know about how I compare to you.  O-Of course I don't want to be disrespectful or anything!! I was just wondering if I could.... maybe....get a duel??"

"Y/N-kun, please not again, we talked about this." said Kocho as she tugged at your shirt.

She's trying to keep you safe, but you being the dumb kid you are, even though you understand this. You still want to see for yourself just how dangerous he is.

Obviously everyone was astonished by the child. Is he dumb or stupid? Everyone went silent, everyone except of course Rengoku.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!! HE JUST CHALLENGED YOU GYOMEI! SURELY YOU WOULDN'T TURN IT DOWN RIGHT? SURELY, YOU'RE NOT SCARED OF THE YOUNGIN' ARE YOU!!?"

Gyomei in response kept calm but Rengoku's words must've influenced him a bit.

"Master, is it okay if I take on the duel?" Gyomei says.

"This is interesting, I'll like to see this. Only rule is no killing or hurting each other significantly. Also no damage to my property" Ubuyashiki says and with that the duel was set.

And here you are at the horizon of the setting sun. Standing on opposite sides.

Him with a spiked flail on one hand and his axe on the other. While you planned to combat it with your one and only sword.

A/N- uuuuh see y'all next chapter ✌️