O N E

EIGHT MONTHS LATER~

You were on the balcony of nineteen floor, viewing the big and shiny city of Seoul. The weather was nice and warm. Cool breeze flew through your hair as you sipped on your evening tea. The Sun was at the horizon, orange and bright.

You turned your head to face Jisoo.

"Thank you Jisoo, for everything. I really needed you during these times.", you said while looking at her with love.

She put down her cup and held your soft hands.

"Y/n! Minji is like my daughter too. Besides she's always happy with me.", she said with a smile.

"Yes! She says you're her best friend.", you both giggled.

Jisoo was Hoseok's surgeon at that time. Her boyfriend, Kim Namjoon, lives with her. You rarely ever saw him because of his work. You and Jisoo worked in the same hospital and hence met everyday. Soon you both became best friends. You both share everything with each other. She knows everything about your past and you know everything about her too. And at this point, you really needed her.

Your smile faded away after you thought about something. Jisoo held your chin up.

"Y/n are you sure about this? I mean are you really happy?"

You tucked your flowing hair behind your left ear and sighed.

"Well, I am just worried about Minji. I don't want her to suffer anymore you know."

"I'm talking about you Y/n. How are YOU?"

You couldn't spoke. You just stared at her. You did not had a answer. Everything you will say is false, you know that too but you are still sticking with lies. That comforted you.

You came back to your home. You and Hoseok moved to an apartment at a different place after the incident. You stood up on the door and revealed a deep sigh. You twisted the door knob and pushed yourself in. As soon as you entered, your daughter, Minji came running and hugged you tightly.

That hug made you smile and you lifted her up. You kissed her forehead and pulled her chubby cheeks.

"Ah mommy! That hurts.", she exclaimed holding her cheeks with a cute grumpy expression.

You laughed hard on her cuteness.

"Aww...I'm sorry."

With Minji in your hands you stepped inside the living room. Hoseok was sitting on the ground in his hoodie with files spread out over the whole floor. Sensing your arrival, he looked up at you.

"You are here?"

"Hmm."

Hoseok went back to work. No other words escaped his mouth. You went to the kitchen and drank a glass of cold water to cool down.

You turned back to Minji and asked, "Minji did you ate something?"

"Yes. Dad made sandwiches for me."

You looked at him and your eyes met with his.

"Do you think I can't even feed my daughter?"

You slammed the glass on the counter.

"When did I said that?"

"Well I don't know what you think. Especially when you don't even stay at home and roam around."

You furiously walked towards him. You stood folding your hands.

"ROAM AROUND? Hoseok I'm a doctor in case you forgot! And I was with Jisoo today."

Hoseok threw his pen away and stood up. He looked furiously at you.

"You should also spend time with us if you'd like. At least with our daughter?"

"Oh wow so-"

Your mouth stopped hearing Minji's scared voice.

"Don't... Don't fight please.", she said while stepping away from you both.

You both looked at each other. Hoseok kneeled down in front of her and kissed her on the cheeks.

"I'm sorry dear. We won't fight now. Happy?", he smiled.

Minji pushed him away from herself and looked at you both.

"NO! YOU ALWAYS LIE!"

"Minji why are-", you interrupted.

"NO, NO, NO."

She ran into her room. Hoseok looked at you. You closed your eyes in frustration.

"It's all because of you. This is the reason we are getting divorced."

You ran behind her.

You both tried very much to keep everything in control, but destiny had other plans. It wasn't Minji being your adopted daughter, you both loved her. It's also not Jimin. It was you both yourselves. You are still together because of Minji but now it's impossible to live like this. Every day is dark now, every night in long. It's better to just let go.

You banged on the door. Hoseok was also worrying very much.

"Open the door baby, please."

You got frustrated easily and yelled, "OPEN THE FREAKING DOOR MINJI."

Everything went silent. Hobi looked at you. He was so done with you. You didn't have to scream like that. Especially when it was not her fault the adults aren't acting like adults.

Slowly the door opened. Minji was standing there with puffy eyes. Big drops of tears were flowing continuously which made you feel guilty.

"Hey. Look at those tears."

Hoseok gently picked her up in his arms and went to the other room. You tried to hold her but she held Hoseok tightly, avoiding your touch. It made your heart shatter.

You just stood there while Hoseok comforted her with ice cream. She settled down but your emotions couldn't.

You went to your room and sat down at the corner with your legs folded.

"I can never be a good mother. In fact I can never be her mother.", you sniffled.

You looked up at the ceiling. Remembering your own, happy childhood, you cursed at yourself,

"I'm sorry Lily. I am sorry but I can never give her the love she deserves. I want to but I can't."