T W E N T Y E I G H T

You switched off the phone and placed it in your bag, securely so that no one can guess.
You got dressed wearing a black casual dress with a white neck scarf and white sandals.

"Gotta look good before doing good.", you smirked.

You heard a knock at the door and went to answer it.

"Mam is there anything left to pack? I'll do it."

"I... I didn't CAME here so I don't even have anything special to pack. All those clothes and accessories, you did it before."

Her smile faded away.
"Mam, Jimin sir did got one thing."

"What? Mine?"

She pulled out a sunflower keychain from her pocket and gave it to you. It was something Minji asked you to buy for the very first time without hesitation. It was the day she called you 'Mom' for the very first time. Those vivid memories still lingers your mind. You remember that moment as clear as a day.

"Where did you...?", you teared up.

"Sir told me it was in the car. It was stuck in your dress. He thought it was precious so he saved it."

"He did? Thank you.", you hugged her for the precious gift. She was hesitant at first but hugged you back after a while. She bowed and left.

"She gave it to me as a lucky charm.", tears won't stop whenever you remember that day or any day with your family. That smile on their faces for a moment is worth crying every night for you.

You heard a faint knock on the door and quickly wiped your tears.

"Come in.", you stuttered a bit.

Jimin made his way inside. He seemed perfectly fine to your surprise. His eyes lit up when they glanced you.

"Y/n, come with me please."

"Where?"

"Downstairs, quick."

You got up and followed him. On the way before you can enter the hall, you heard Minji. Your feet froze on the spot and your eyes widened. You waited so much to hear that voice but fate had something else planned for you. You looked at Jimin with your eyes open wide waiting for them to tear up any moment now. Jimin noticed it and turned back, he held your hands and smiled.

"Come, let's meet her."

"No. No I won't.", you shivered.

"What? Y/n, why?", he was left confused. He knew how desperate you were to get a look of her. He knew how you waited days and nights to meet her, the joy in your life.

"If I meet her, I won't be able to let her go away from me.", the tears finally escaped. You tried to hold them as long as you can.

"Y/n, I- She's waiting for you. I promised her that you'll be here."

"Don't make promises you can't fulfill. I made promises too which were broken by fate Jimin.", you glared at him with visible rage.

"Then what do I say. She won't go with Lily."

"She knows Lily is her mother. I told her. She knows everything. It's just that it's hard for her to accept. Our mind often forget traumatic events as a coping mechanism. That's exactly her case."

You placed the keychain on Jimin's hand.

"Give her this and tell her I will meet her only if she listen to Lily. Okay? Now go."

"But Y/n-"

"No questions.", you went to the nearest room, which was the office before hearing another word from him. You bundled up in the corner and closed your eyes, scratching your legs. You could still hear her voice which was making you weak. The voice which was as soft as cotton suddenly became a piercing one. You wanted to cry but couldn't. You were afraid she'll hear. You placed your hands on your mouth.