F O R T Y T W O

"The...The message Y/n. I know, I'm guilty. Please forgive me, please. Though I'm nowhere to ask you that.", he sobbed, unable to speak properly amidst the tears.

"No, forget about that. I love you. It's not anyone's fault.", you caressed his back.

Now he's with you, nothing matters much. One could see how heartbroken Hoseok was and still is. It was never his fault, it wasn't yours too. Things were difficult, things were uncontrollable. He suffered too. And actually no one was wrong, it's fate that made them seem so.

"Now, I'm here. I'll make it right.", he comforted you placing a quick kiss on your cheeks.

Words can't describe how much you needed him, needed his hug, his touch, his kiss, his words, him.

"Can... can you walk?", he asked looking at the blood stain on your stomach and waist.

"Ye- I can try-", you thought so.

"Leave it.", he picked you up in his arms and started walking quickly towards the road. You clinged onto his sleeves, holding tightly. Your vision was becoming blurry again. You were tired and couldn't take it anymore.

"Just hang on a bit more. It'll be alright.", he comforted.

On the spur of the moment, Hoseok fell on his knees and his grip around you loosened but not completely. He heard a loud sound which made him look down his waist.
Soon enough he realised, he was shot.

You, being unconscious couldn't comprehend what that sound was nor did Hoseok wanted you to.

Fortunately, when Jimin tried to recoil the gun again he was left with bad luck as there were no bullets in it. He had no energy to get up and fight with Hoseok for you. He could not do anything but watch his defeat with helpless eyes.

On the other hand, Hoseok tried his best amidst the stabbing pain and was able to get up again. At this moment, blood started dripping from the shot area. He was sweating, hands shaking from carrying you but he just can't and won't give up.

"It's all over. Stay with me, it's all over now."

After just a few steps he heard Namjoon's voice along with others coming towards you.

"Hoseok!", Namjoon sprinted towards him.

"Namjoon go and catch Jimin, there!"

"We don't have time for that. The police is here. Let's just leave as soon as possible.", he advised.

"But we're so close!"

"I know but we have no choice let's just go for now."

The two of them ran as fast as they could but from some other side in order to be safe, for you to be safe.

"Hobi you're bleed- Let me carry her.", Namjoon spoke.

"No, no it's fine."

"Hobi it's not the best time to die right? Let me carry her."

"No it's- She's holding onto me.", you really were in fact holding his sleeve even in that state, not ready to let go. Was it a reflex or a coping mechanism? Your body just felt safe with him.

You three reached outside on the main road. Those men we're not there anymore but Seokjin seemingly injured his right eye.

"Oh my- What happened to her?", Juhee panicked seeing you unconscious. She opened the door and sat inside with you. She noticed the handkerchief on you stomach and immediately guessed whom it belonged to.

"I'll drive and don't you dare go against anything now if you want her to see you again.", that's how Namjoon cared for Hoseok.

He just nodded not daring to go against him.