T W E N T Y T H R E E

You walked upstairs, heart still beating fast.
"Did I said too much? But then again, why feeling pity for him? But that was harsh to be honest. He wasn't angry but...but sad. Like the sentence meant so much to him."

You walked past Lily's room. Her door was open so your eyes moved to see inside. She was packing her belongings, ready to finally be free from all of this. The sheer joy and satisfaction on her face gave you so much comfort but was so heart wrenching at the same time. It's not easy letting the child you raised go away from yourself forever. Still you thought,

"Atleast one of us is happy, is getting a happy ending."

She noticed you and called you inside. You went and sat on the chair near the window.

"Y/n will you please help me?"

"With this? Yeah sure."

"No, not with this."

"Then?", you asked smiling but confused.

"You see, it's been about ten months since I've actually met Minji as her mom. I am very VERY nervous. Will she recognise me? Will she like me? Will she like these gifts I got for her? She's now much taller right? Is she a tomboy or girly girl? Does she still like homemade food more? Does she looks like me or Yoongi? And is she-"

"Calm down, calm down Lily."

She became shy realising her actions. You were happy for her and also Minji. But what about you? You're ignoring yourself yet again.

"I... I'm sorry. I was just excited and-"

"No, no, I understand. Don't worry, she'll definitely love you and recognise you. She'll love everything you'll do for her. She's kind and giving and a little stubborn too. She looks more like Yoongi. She behaves like me. She like Hoseok more. They team up against me when-", you stopped. You were so zoned out in her memories that you forgot you're not her mother anymore. You are letting her go and talking about her like she is still yours.

"I'm so sorry.", you tried to smile and lift your lips up but that was too heavy.

I wore the crown of motherhood and now the emptiness on my head is so heavy, enough to crush me down.

"It's okay. I understand. Remember when you first came here with her. She was calling you mom. To be honest, I wanted to kill you at that time. My heart was filled with jealousy and rage. MY daughter, in YOUR arms, I felt like a damn loser there. So you see, I do understand you."

The atmosphere went silent for a while.

"So you trust me and understand me?", you asked with hopeful eyes.

"Of course I do."

"Then do me a favour. Please don't tell Hobi about all of this. DO NOT go to him. Not just because he don't know you're alive but also because he'll not let Minji go with you. Please Lily.", you asked holding her hands.

"But Y/n he'll be so scared. No, I have to go there and at least inform him-"

"It's an order Lily.", you shouted with an angry look.

She nodded. You felt bad shouting at her but you couldn't control yourself. You stood up and caressed her shoulders.

"Lily, he'll be okay. I know what I'm doing. Just be safe."

You smiled but she didn't.

"Bye."

"Bye Y/n."

"I have to tell him, I'm sorry but I need to. It's my way of repaying for my sins.", she thought.