T W O

Suddenly you heard the sound of doorknob twisting. You wiped away your big, salty tears and stood up. Hoseok entered the room. His eyes were looking at you in a concerning way.

"Where's she?",  you asked while swiping here and there on your phone, pretending not to care.

"Slept. Are you, like, okay?", Hoseok said as he shut the door and went towards the other side of the bed, itching the back of his neck.

You took a quick look at his neck because deep inside you are still worried about every little discomfort he has. His neck was red. It looked like someone scratched it.

You sat on the bed and bent over to him and grabbed his neck making him fall over to your side. Still, somehow you both managed to keep a distance from each other. It was like an imaginary line keeping you both away from each other. And you both decided to keep maintaining that distance.

"What the- Y/n-", Hoseok was obviously surprised by your sudden action.

"What happened to your neck Hobi? It looks painful."

"Oh this?", he touched the red spot, "Minji was a bit frustrated. She didn't scratched it. She was holding me tightly and her nails were long so, it's okay.", He said coming back to his original position, resting his back on the bed frame.

"Oh, she is upset."

"Well we can't help it, maybe."

"Maybe"

Neither of you wanted to let go but staying together wasn't an option too. No one can understand what happened to that cute, funny and this-is-the-relationship-I-want couple. You both were ready to die for each other, you still are. But the sense of love is missing now.

"Y/n."

"Hm.", Hoseok caught your attention. Your name doesn't sound sweet from his mouth anymore.

"You called me Hobi almost after four months."

You both looked at each other. Your heart was pounding.

"Why did I just-"

"Sorry."

You looked away. You can sense his pain. You still cared. He was still Hobi for you.

"Why are you sorry?", Hoseok tried to cross that imaginary line and almost reached out his hand to you but you frantically stood up and went outside.

"I- I gotta check on Minji. Y- You should sleep. Good night."

"Y/n I-", you ignored. Not him but yourself.

You entered Minji's room. She was sleeping holding your family picture. You went near and sat beside her. Gliding your hands over her long hair you said, "You don't want us to go away too, right? But Minji we- we don't have an option. Sorry, we can't give you a family, a childhood."

Your eyes were glossy as you said. You kissed her forehead and went outside, slowly closing the door making sure not to wake her up.

The next morning you woke up to the noise of something breaking. You hurriedly sat up.

"The fuck was that-"

"Hey! Minji's awake!", Hoseok said, shushing you.

You saw a metal box on the ground. It contained your jwellery that you had put above your cupboard. You are no longer interested in getting ready anymore. Nothing excites you now. Everything is scary.

"Hoseok!", you whined while picking up the pieces of your accessories. He bent down to help you.

"Sorry.", he said cutely.

You wanted to giggle but didn't. You packed everything up and placed it back to it's original place.

"Hoseok get ready, we have to reach the lawyer's office at 11. It's already seven- thirty." You didn't wanted to go there. It was terrifying. Seeing long relations breaking up with just a stroke of pen was too painful to witness, especially when it's your own relationship.

"Okay.", you didn't saw any sign of pain or nervousness on his face. Since when did you both became like this?

You got Minji ready for her school. You also got dressed wearing a simple white shirt and black leather pants with a scarf around your neck. You picked up the lipstick and placed it back. You'll wear it for what? Your divorce?

You both dropped Minji at her school and drove to the scary and uncomfortable office.