T H R E E

"Can I drive?", you asked Hoseok before entering in the car.

"You? No it's okay.", He replied while slowly walking at the driver's side.

"Hoseok please, I want to.", you said.

"Okay. Here, catch!", he threw the keys to you. Fortunately that habit of him didn't changed.

You sat at the driver's seat and held the stearing wheel tightly. You will drive, the last time with Hoseok. After signing the papers, you both will just be two mere enemies, fighting for your daughter's coustady.

Midway between you destination, Hoseok asked you to stop the car near your old house.

"Why? Do you need something? But we shifted everything here.", you asked while your eyes carefully observed the road.

"No just something from near. I'll be quick.", he replied looking willingly at you.

"Okay."

You parked the car in front of your old house. Hoseok went to wherever he wanted. It wasn't the same. A new family came here. They changed everything, everything you and Hoseok cherished since all those times.

"Well I guess, it was temporary. Still the happiest memory of mine, and the saddest too.", you sighed.

Hoseok went to your favourite café where you both frequently go to spend some free time. Their donuts were your all time favourite. While living here, you had them almost every day.

Hoseok went to the counter and an old lady greeted him.

"Hoseok! Where were you? I was missing you both dear! Where's Y/n?", she was genuinely happy to see him.

He greeted him back and replied.

"We shifted to a new place and I changed my job. I missed you too.", he smiled.

"But where's Y/n?", her eyes were looking for you.

"She's...We are separating. She's in the car.", he looked down.

"What? But you both were-"

"I'd like to have six apricot donuts please.", Hoseok cut her off, not wanting to answer.

"Okay. Please wait a bit.", she went inside with a sad grin over her face.

The lady came back with the box of donuts and placed it on the counter.

"5000 won.", she replied handing over the receipt to Hoseok. He paid the bill and said,

"Thank you aunty. See you soon again."

Hoseok was about to turn away when the lady held his hand making him to turn back.

"But Hoseok you don't eat donuts, as far as I know."

"Yeah, it's for Y/n. It's been a while since she ate this so I thought I should surprise her one last time."

"See! You cannot stay away from each other. I know you love her. Stop this dear."

Hoseok's smile dropped. He couldn't make eye contact with her because even he knew the lady was right.

"No. It is... We cannot change things now. We've both decided it to be this way aunty. Bye."

Hoseok left without hearing any other word.

"I can't afford to change now. It's ruining us."

On the other hand, you was sitting in the car, fidgeting with your glasses and waiting for Hoseok. You turned back to look if he is coming or not.

"Gosh! Where's he? We're getting late.", you said tapping loudly on the dashboard.

You took out your phone to call him. You were about to click on the call button when you heard a loud horn. A big SUV car was coming directly towards you. You dropped your phone and tried to open the door. But it was already late. As soon as the door opened, the car crashed into your car. You fell out of the car and the tire ran over your left leg. You screamed in pain but still somehow crawled to a safer place.

Many people ran towards to help you. In the midst of those unknown faces, you saw a very familiar person approaching you.

Hoseok came running to you and the box fell out of his hands. He placed your head on his lap and started slapping your cheeks to wake you up.

"Y/n! Wake up please,Y/n!", he was shrugging you in pain.

He picked you up in his arms and started to ask for help. You both were THIS close after a really long time, and that too because of an accident. You can feel his heart pounding very fastly. His tear drops fell on your face and you passed out.

You woke up in what seemed to be a hospital. You moved your eyes to see Hoseok sitting right beside you with his head placed on your lap. His touch was very rare and comforting. You tried to move your leg only to find out it's broken.

You gently caressed Hoseok's hair to wake him up.

"Hoseok? Hey?"

He woke up hurriedly and cupped your cheeks. His hair was all messy and he was still sweating a lot.

"Are you okay? Does-does it hurt too much? It is my fault, my damn fault!", he started blaming himself.

You cupped his cheeks back to calm him down.

"Hey Hoseok! I'm okay, this isn't your fault. And I met with an accident, it WILL hurt. Don't worry much.", you said while fixing his hair and wiping away his tears. He closed his eyes to feel the warmth of your care.

You glanced at the wall clock showing five in the evening. Something suddenly stroke your mind.

"Where's Minji? Hoseok where's she?", you said in a heavy voice.

"Don't worry. I told Jisoo to pick her up. She will be here anytime soon."

"Did she-"

"Yes she ate her lunch. I checked."

"Oh! Okay...Thank you, Hobi."

"She's my daughter too, Y/nnie."

You both faintly smiled at each other's words.

"But she'll be sad to see me like this. Tell them to not come here."

"Y/n, today or tomorrow, she will find out. And she won't be angry at you anymore. She has lost her real parents at this age Y/n. She's much stronger than us."

You placed your palm on Hoseok's mouth and shook your head in denial.

"No! I'm her mother and you're her father Hoseok. I can't loose her. She's OUR daughter. OUR."

Though in reality, you knew you cannot take the place of Lily nor Hoseok could replace Yoongi. Living in lie was better than living in truth for you three, something you and Hoseok did all the time, even now.

"But Hoseok, as it seems to be, the accident was intended. That car was coming towards me with an intention to hurt me."

"I have filed the complain against the car owner. He actually ran away. But don't worry, we'll catch him."

"Why would anybody try to kill me?", you thought.

"Hoseok do you, by any slight chance, think it is him?", you questioned him with hopeful eyes.

"Hey! No! That was in the past. He's not even in Korea right now.", he said assuring you while caressing your hand.

You nodded. But still you wasn't sure.

"I know he will not give up that easily."