T W E L V E

On the other hand-

They brought Hoseok to the penetration camp. It was odd as he's supposed to be there for only a week. His hands were cuffed and he was blindfolded all the way to his cell. They opened his arms and eyes and threw him inside the cell. There were two other men there who were looking like they're about to kill him anytime. They had scars on their faces making them look much devil like.

Hoseok silently sat down in one corner.

"Hey! Your name?", the older one asked.

"Jung Hoseok."

"I'm Park Sung won and he's KIM SON."

Hoseok ignored them and faced sidewards.

"Why are you here?"

He didn't replied. His cheeks were still wet.

"Yah! We asked you!"

"I fought with an officer because he was saying mean things about my-my wife."

"Aish! Hoseok as an experienced prisoner", he came closer, "I know they all are fucking rats. They just run behind money. That's why many of us are here, rotting. Right Kim Son?"

He nodded.

"He can't speak."

Sung won's breath was stinking. His eyes were red, maybe because of loss of sleep.

"I hope you'll soon meet your wife."

Hoseok bursted into tears.

"Don't be scared.", Sungwon consoled him.

"I'm scared because my w-wife, she's in danger. And look at me, I'm a loser."

"I can help you with that I think."

Back to Y/n-

You parked the car outside and hurriedly ran inside the small cottage core house.

"Minji! MINJI!", you shouted while searching through every room.

"Mom!"

Her tiny figure held your waist tightly and your anger melted away. You bent down to match her height and started kissing her whole face.

"I'm sorry I left you. I love you, I love you my baby."

You saw Hoseok's mother coming towards you. She had a guilt over her face.

You stood up to her.

"Y/n I-"

"I don't want to listen anything. It was my fault leaving my daughter with you. You both can't even protect a mere child?", you said in a very harsh tone while glancing at Hoseok's father who was coming towards you both.

"We have tried our best. Don't worry, Jimin didn't did anything bad-"

"I lived with him about a month, I know how shit of a man he is if .You don't even know."

"Calm down Y/n, it's oka-"

"CALM DOWN? WHAT THE FUCK?"

"Language Y/n! The kid is still here."

You sighed. "Sorry. Okay. I'm calm.", you said clenching your fist. You picked up your daughter and went to pack up her things.

"I don't trust you. Minji is not coming here for a while.", you said while packing up and leaving with Minji's hand in yours.

"Dear, please. She's our daughter too."

You turned towards her. Looking into her eyes you spoke,
"Hoseok was your child too when he was bullied. And what did you do. You told a twelve year old boy to shut up and forget everything"

"He was being overdrama-"

"So am I."

You loudly closed the door and drove back.

Minji was sleeping at the back as you were driving under the drowning sun. You checked her through the mirror and pinned your eyes at the road again.

"Last time it was me. I tolerated. It was Hoseok. I tolerated. But how greedy he is to harm a child? He says he loves me. Then why so much pain, why harming my daughter. Killing her parents wasn't enough!", tears flooded your eyes.

You heard Minji coughing and quickly wiped your tears.
Minji started to cough continuously.

"Drink some water Min."

She drank but seems like it didn't helped. You stopped the car at side and turned towards her.

"Min did you ate something cold?"

"No. I didn't."

You pulled out your first aid kit from the back of the car and handed over a coughing pills to her.
Good thing you are a doctor.

"You'll be fine."

You started driving again.

"Mom what is the meaning of adopted?"

Her words startled you. A parent's worst nightmare.

"Who told you this? You watched dramas again?", your heart was pounding. You didn't wanted her to know you killed her parents.

"Grandma said Dad is sad because I'm adopted. She said I'm a bad girl. She also shouted at Grandpa when he scolded her. Mom what is adopted?"

Your anger was visible over your face. The veins in your head was about to burst. Your blindfold was finally removed. The blindfold which you and Hoseok were wearing your whole life. You thought she changed but you forgot that it's the wound that heals, scars remains. She left a scar on Hoseok's childhood and now his daughter.

"Minji, it's a good thing but I can't tell you right now. You have to grow a bit more to learn about it."

"How much bigger?"

"This much.", you spread out your arms to a certain height.

I'll protect everyone. Hoseok, Min and me. All of us.

You went inside the house and laid down on the couch. Your leg was hurting because you were told not to drive or walk that much. Minji handed you a cup of water.
You smiled and patted her head. You drank the water when something clicked your mind.

"Min, I'm going somewhere for sometime so can you stay here and wait for me. You have your phone so you can call me anytime. So shall I go?"

"Okay. I'll wait."

"Good girl. Don't open the door for anyone. Absolutely no one unless it's me, dad or Jisoo. You know what I'm saying right Min?", you cupped her rosy cheeks.

"Yes. Be back soon."

"I will."

You got up and headed over to the door. As you were stepping outside, you took a last look at her. Somewhere you didn't wanted to leave her after all this. But the place you're going is much worse.
The motherly heart of yours melted.
You picked her up and went downstairs towards the car.

"Come on Y/n, you can't leave her alone again. No one can be trusted, not even the emptiness."

Hoseok-

"Jung Hoseok.", a voice caught Hoseok's attention. He got up and went towards the officer.

"Come outside. We're shifting you."

"Shift- where are-"

"SHUT UP."

The officer shouted making Hoseok flinch. Sungwon tried to help but was cursed at by the officer. It was like even asking questions were prohibited. They tied his hands and took him outside where a jail van was waiting for him. He sat inside and the van drove away.

"Can I atleast know what's happening?"

"We're shifting you to another cell. On the outer side of Seoul."

"What! But why? It's ridiculous-", before he could say another word, one of the officer knocked him with the back of his gun. Hoseok lost consciousness.