F O R T Y F O U R

"What happened? Where is she?", your curiosity peaked seeing Hoseok enter the room. He was calm regarding Taehyung's reaction before. He shuts the door and came to sit beside you.

"How- What is it? Tell me."

"Everything is fine. Don't worry anymore.", he says calmly tucking your hair behind your ear.

"But Hobi, how'd you know Juhee and why is she here? She said she'd never do it.", you innocently questioned. Unaware of everything that happened in your absence.

"Never do what?"

"Betray him."

"If he can then why can't she? Yeah of course he didn't did it to Juhee but that's how karma works, isn't it?"

"I never wanted her to get in this. I never wanted anyone to get in this.", your dull face matched your words. But you have no clue how Namjoon and Juhee are also connected with Jimin, it's an alliance of fate that made you all come together.

"I never wanted you to get in this. I could say sorry but it would be just worthless. I even lost...Minji.", he teared up and quickly wiped it away before it could show up on his cheeks.

"That was my decision. You may have thought that she was lying but Lily wasn't. And more than a sorry, I want you to be safe.", his tears didn't go unnoticed by you.

"It was fate, what can one do.", you smiled but it was of acceptance.

You pulled him in his arms, as closer as you could.  Being in his embrace eased a lot of your pain somehow. During the times you were with Jimin, you absolutely disgusted physical affection and Hoseok just made you forget all those senses. If this wasn't love, I don't know what would define it.

Hoseok-

She didn't needed to hear anything right now. Enough of her handling things, I gotta do my part.

As soon as she hugged me I felt relieved. I was sure she forgave me, even though I don't deserve it, I became sure nothing changed, it never will change.

This one month was like or better say was hell for both of us. I just want to take her out of it now.

Out of the blue, I felt a sharp pain in my chest, almost like something is pinching me from the inside. I started coughing out of nowhere.

"You okay?"

"Yeah just-" *coughs* "maybe I caught a cold."

"Out of nowhere?", she asks out of concern. I had no choice but to lie.

Or, I had a choice but I lied.

"Oh no, I've been feeling this since I came here, no big deal. You should rest now I gotta go.", I lied.

"Hmm. Take care."

"I will."

I walked out of the room because the coughs were getting uncontrollable. It for sure wasn't from a cold. It was hurting me.

For some reason, I didn't wanted anyone to see me like that. Maybe it's because I didn't wanted to created another problem. There are things more important than me right now.

I went inside the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water. After three full glasses finally it's gone but as I was about to put the glass down I noticed something on the edge of the glass.

What's that...

Blood?...

So many questions arises. It wouldn't be because of the gunshot wound of course. But then what? Is there something I don't know happening to me?