F O U R T E E N

Your mind suddenly stopped working. You are a pediatrician but now your own daughter is your patient. You placed your fingers on her nose and rushed to the car. You could hear Jimin coming behind you. You didn't paid attention to Lily.

You opened the car door but Jimin sat on the driving seat.
"From the other side, quick.", Jimin ordered while starting the car.
Two of his gurads sat at the backseat. Nothing bothered you expect seeing your daughter in pain.
At this point Minji's breath became very unstable. You could hear her gasping for air.
You kept rubbing her back and telling her to stop crying.
Jimin was driving as fast as he could.

Why?
He's so concerned for what?

As soon as you reached the hospital, you sprinted down the hallway to an empty ward. Seeing you carrying Minji with your shirt totally stained with blood, everyone there started panicking. Some of them ran behind you.

You laid her down on the bed and started the procedure. Everyone quickly drew their attention to Minji.
Seeing your daughter with all those tubes and needles inside her, your hands started to shake. Especially remembering the fact that her biological mother is alive.

You were about to inject the needle inside her veins when a hand grabbed yours and took you outside of the ward.

"I'm here now. Don't worry.", Jisoo calmed you and went inside again.

That's the moment you broke.
Everyone being gathered around you was not a help. It made you much stressed. You suddenly lost your balance and was about to fall but Jimin caught your back.

"Sit here baby. It's okay, she'll be-"

"STOP! STOP CALLING ME THAT.", you took out your frustration on him.

"But I'm-"

"Go away Jimin Park.", you pointed at the door.

"Look I'm just trying-", he was trying to get closer to you.
You stepped back.

"If you love me then get your ass out of here. Leave my workplace."

He looked down and walked back. Everyone was looking at him but his eyes were still on you.

After an hour-

You were totally zoned out on the bench outside, bitting your nails in frustration. Every second felt like an hour. You felt a hand at your shoulder making you look up.

"She's fine. It was an asthama attack."

"B-But she isn't... She doesn't have asthama."

"What? According to her symptoms and reports, it was chronic.", Jisoo was confused.

"She h-had asthama? And I didn't even knew?", you grabbed your hair, feeling like you're failed as a mother.

Jisoo gently embraced you in her arms. She caressed your hair while you continuously cursed at yourself.

"I thought t-that I'm becoming a g-good mom but look. Look I couldn't even recognise she's sick and the irony, I'm a pediatrician! My husband's in jail because of me, I didn't looked after my daughter, I'm bothering you. Why am I so bad? Jisoo I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

"Stop Y/n. Stop, it's not your fault. And you shouldn't blame yourself."

You stopped for a while and thought something.

"Are you okay?", she asked making you sit.

"I think I should... I'm divorcing Hobi."

"What?", she shouted, catching everyone's attention.

"It's for them. I can't see the people I love suffer because of me. And Jisoo, I want you to support me this time, one last time.", it was harder to think so actually saying it felt like death to you.

"Kang Y/n, I'm not supporting you in your silly decisions and you're NOT getting a divorce.", she ordered you in a pretty rude tone.

"Jisoo please, try to understand me too."

"I'm sorry Y/n, but it's a big NO.", she didn't listened anything and left from there.

"Wow. But I'm not changing my decision. It's for my family and I can do anything for them, anything.", you looked at your daughter who was off to dreamland, unknown of her mother's decision.

Your phone rang. It was from the jailor.

You- Hello sir.
Jailor- Hello Mrs. Y/n. Your husband Jung Hoseok, he is getting discharged today as per the order of the committee. You can come here and take him.
You- W-What? He is? Thank you so much sir! I'm coming.

You ran outside towards your car with the biggest smile on your face. On the way you told the staff to take care of Minji. Finally after a series of unfortunate events, your face recognised a smile. You wished for it to last longer, but will it?

You were waiting inside the office, stomping your feet on the marbled floor. Hoseok was about to meet you any moment now.
You heard the doorknob twist and the door opened. A bright ray of sunshine hit your face seeing your Hobi coming inside.

"Y/n!"

You ran and threw yourself in his arms. He hugged you as tight as he could. There was no distance between your bodies. His breath was hitting your neck and your tears were wetting his shirt.

"I am sorry.", you apologised thinking you're at fault.

"Why are you sorry? Stop now!", he giggled.

I'm sorry for causing you trouble. I'm sorry for leaving you alone. I'm sorry for making you wipe my tears while you were drowning in yours. I'm sorry for what I'm going to do. I'm sorry for existing in your life.

You both sat down in the car. You were at the driving seat, Hoseok on right.

"Where's my daughter? How's she? She'll be very happy to see her dad, right."

"Y-Yeah. She will."

What would you even have said? You had lies as answers.

After a drive of nearly fifteen minutes, you stopped the car at the side of a trisection. Hoseok gave you a questioning look.

"Hoseok there's something I need to tell you."

"Hm?"

"But promise me you'll support my decision."

Hoseok cupped your cheeks and whispered, "I trust you, Y/n. I will support you."

"Thanks Hobi, I really needed to hear that from you."

"It's okay love. Now tell me."

"It's t-that I... I have, like, decided, for us to..."

"Yes?"

"That w-we should get a div-"

Before you could complete the word Hoseok's smile changed to shock and fear. He grabbed you towards him and embraced your body. You felt a sudden and very hard push behind your back.

A truck crashed into your car and drove away.

Your car was upside down in the middle of the trisection. All the windows were broken. The smell of burning petrol was reaching your nose. The hot asphalt was burning your hand. Your body was on the top of Hoseok's. He was unconscious but you wasn't. He protected you.

"H-Hobi."

His shirt was ripped from the left side of his shoulder. His ear was bleeding, his face was covered with tiny pieces of glass. Even after that, his left hand managed to cover your head. He was the reason you are fine, yet again.

"Hobi, c-can you hear me?", were your last words before you fell over him and lost consciousness.