Apology

Karl's POV

 I slowly creaked Sapnap's door open and entered cautiously, shutting the door behind me with a barely audible click.

"Sap?" I called softly, looking around his room.

His desk had two monitors, a pencil container -which had like 5 pens, each a different colour, 2 pencils and a ruler- an eraser next to it, a bottle of water and a framed picture propped up that showed myself and Sapnap.

I heard a rustle and looked to the right and saw Sapnap in his bed, his whole body rocking with heavy sobs and ragged breathing.

"Sapnap?" I said in concern, weaving my way over to his side. No response, only more quaking sobs.

I knew what to do. Last time me and Sapnap met up privately, he had taken a nap and begged me to lay next to him. 

"C'mon Karl, pleaaaaaaaase?" he begged with puppy eyes.

I grinned and shook my head. "I'll pass."

Sapnap pouted. "If not now, promise you'll lay next to me one day!"

I smiled. "Promise."

I now slowly lowered myself on his bed and sat down. Swinging my legs on the bed, I lay down and hugged Sapnap from the back. Wrapping my arms about his chest, I squeezed him tight and his hand crept up to hold mine.

I nuzzled my head into his neck. "Sap? Can we talk?" I said quietly.

"Mm," came a muffled voice, raspy with crying.

"Why did you treat Tubbo like that? He didn't deserve it."

"I-" Sapnap stopped and started to cry again. I held him tighter against me. "Hey, don't cry. I'm here laying next to you. That's what you wanted, right?"

Sapnap gulped and choked down his tears. "I don't know," he choked out.

We lay in silence until he started talking. "I have a younger brother, Ian. Did you know?"

I was startled. "No."

"Since childhood, I was treated differently from Ian. It seemed Mom and Dad prioritized him over me. I was looked at as common, while Ian got all the praise and presents he desired but didn't deserve. I knew I had better grades than him, but Ian was, in everyone's eyes, an angel. My family hinted I was boring, common and dull, no different from the rest of the world."

I listened. I was a great hand at listening, but this almost made me speak.

"I always wanted to be different. So I turned to the most easiest thing to do: become a half-animal. I put all my hopes on this, hoping my parents would finally notice me and treat me like Ian, but now I know I'll be as boring as I was, worthless and no different from the rest of the world."

I exhaled through my mouth. "Sap, you aren't as worthless as you think. What's Ian doing?"

"Working in an office 9 'till 5."

"Exactly. You stream! That's as different from the world as you can possibly be! As different from Ian!"

"How am I not worthless?" Sapnap whispered miserably.

"You aren't. You're a great friend and your fans adore you and- quite frankly, everyone down there, everyone you got mad at is your friend and always will be. Get down there and apologize."

"Wilbur hates me, and Tommy and Tubbo probably do either."

"Just go." I had an urge to kiss him, so I gave him a little peck on the cheek and tried to pull him down the stairs, but he resisted. "Wait. Give me a kiss like just now."

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Fine." I leaned in to peck his cheek again, but he grabbed my collar and pull my forward faster and put his lips on mine.

I kissed back instantly and we just stood there is Sapnap's room, just kissing each other until I pulled back and looked away, flushing. "L-let- let's just talk about this later, OK? G-go apologize."

Sapnap nodded and stumbled into the living room.

Wilbur's POV

As Sapnap entered the living room, I could feel my anger taking control of me again. Man, it was a lot harder to control my temper since I became half-deer. I shot up, flung Quackity's restraining hand of my and charged towards Sapnap.

I slammed him against the wall, blind with rage. "I want you to explain why you did that to Tubs, now. Or I will stab you with my antlers in the head."

Sapnap took a deep breath and I saw Karl falter at the doorway then stand there to watch. I glanced at him and Karl steadily looked back at me, his eyes saying, "Don't go too far." I gave him a little nod and refocused back onto Sapnap.

"Wilbur, I know you're angry, but please just hear me out, OK?" Sapnap said softly.

I took a shaky breath to control my nerves and nodded.

Sapnap began talking. He told the silent room how he felt worthless, how he had piled all his hopes on this day to be different and how it had crashed down on him when the plan failed. He told us how he felt common, and more useless than ever. He told us how he had felt his brother, Ian, was his parents' favourite.

Sapnap was trembling now. "I still feel worthless, but maybe I can lessen some of that burden is I do this." He slowly moved out of my grasp and walked toward Tubbo and held out a hand.

"Tubbo, I'm apologize for treating you like that. What I did was wrong and I will never do that again. You don't need to forgive me, just know I'm sorry."

Tubbo looked at him with wet eyes and haltingly took Sapnap's hand. "Sapnap, thank you for the apology. I appreciate it." With his eyes he said, "I will forgive you one day. For now, we can put it in the past."

The silent room was suddenly filled with soft footsteps as George appeared out of the kitchen holding a cup of tea.

He saw Sapnap and indifferently walked past him with his nose in the air and gave the cup to Tubbo. Tubbo silently took a little sip of the tea and shivered at the sudden warmth. Tommy rubbed circles on his best friend's back reassuringly. Sapnap sighed softly and nodded. "I'm going to get everyone's friendship back," he whispered to himself and my deer ears caught it. I don't think anyone else did.

I walked to Sapnap and put a hand on his shoulder. "Sapnap, I forgive you for acting rashly. But if you do that again to anyone-" I gave a sideways glance toward Quackity- "I will go further than just slamming you against the wall."

Sapnap exhaled sharply with relief.

Quackity clapped his hands cheerfully, trying to lighten the mood. 

"Now that's over, can you get something for everyone to drink, Gogy?" he asked with a strained grin.

"Hmm, sure," agreed George. "Dream, help me. I'm not this house's personal waiter."

Dream giggled. "You're my servant, Gogy. You live in my house!"

"Our house!" George shot back, dragging Dream up by the arm and pulling him into the kitchen where a symphony of shouts and glass tinkling and slamming cupboards commenced.

The last of my anger and blind rage let go of me and evaporated and I slumped by an inch. Now I had a new question to think about.

Why did I look at only Quackity when I threatened Sapnap?

Author's Note: i posted a new chap on 'it wasnt too late' yesterday, go check it out if ya havent

also if wilbur and quackity arent ok with me shipping them in this story i'll stop

im in online tuition while writing this :)

Malaysians drink water please, and as I said yesterday on 'it wasnt too late': stay safe :)

-sparkz

Word Count: 1252