You Smell Like Hospital

Tommy's POV

Today was the day Wilbur was going to be released from the hospital. I was picking at my fingernails and glancing at the door every once in a while.

"Right, Tommy?" Tubbo's voice broke through my thoughts.

"What?" I said dazedly. "Were you even listening to what I said?" Tubbo asked. "Uh, yeah... I agree..." I mumbled, not paying attention.

Tubbo sighed exasperatedly. "You weren't." He grabbed my shoulder and turned me away from the door. I snapped out of it. "Hey!" I complained, trying to turn around, even as my best friend kept a firm grip on me.

"Just don't look at the door. Talk to us. Wilbur's gonna be back soon," Tubbo coaxed.

I forced myself to stop moving. "Fine."

Literally not more than 5 minutes into my conversation with Tubbo, someone rang the door. I practically threw myself at the door and flung it open.

Quackity stood there. No Wilbur. Quackity's head was lowered, his shoulder shaking as if he was trying not to cry. I froze. "Where's Wilbur?" I asked cautiously. 

Quackity stammered, "He- he-" then inhaled deeply, then exhaled, as if trying not to break down. "Wilbur's OK, right?"

"He- I CAN'T ANYMORE!" Quackity shrieked, stumbling back a few steps and nearly falling down, but an arm caught him. "HAAAAAAAA-" he wheezed.

"Big Q, shut up-" a British voice wobbled before laughing hysterically. Someone tall with light brown hair appeared at the doorway, holding onto Quackity as he shrieked with laughter.

"Hey, Tommy-" Wilbur managed to get out as he uncontrollably giggled. "The look on your face was like-" Wilbur made a face like a constipated duck's.

"WILBUR!" I screamed, latching onto Wilbur, hugging him tightly. Tubbo appeared next, and he stared, open-mouthed. "WILBUR!" he yelled excitedly. "What am I? Trash?" Quackity asked.

"Your turn later, Big Q," I said quickly, then released Wilbur from my clutches, stepping back to look at him. "You look thinner," I said finally.

Wilbur smiled. Suddenly, George showed up and caught sight of Wilbur. "Wilbur!" he smiled, a tear on his cheek. He awkwardly patted Wilbur on the back. "I missed you. Are you OK?"

Wilbur grinned. "I could be better." Now I noticed his cheeks were pale and his hands were trembling slightly as he slung an arm around George.

I pointed it out. "Wil, your hands are shaking."

"Lying down with your arms at your sides for 11 days does something to your bones," Wilbur's hand reached up to brush the hair out of his eyes. I noted that his antlers were gone. Now he just had a pair of deer ears and charcoal-coloured fingernails.

"Your antlers are gone. There aren't even any stumps left," I commented. "They cut it off, then the stumps fell off on their own," Wilbur replied as we all went inside.

Karl and Sapnap appeared. "Wilbur!" Karl exclaimed. "Are you OK?"

"I'm well enough," Wilbur answered. Sapnap frowned. "We were all worried. Don't scare us like that."

Dream came thundering down the stairs, hearing Wilbur's voice. "Wilbur!" he laughed with relief. "Glad you're OK!" 

Then his eyes narrowed slightly when he saw George's arm around Wilbur's shoulder.

Dream's POV

I don't understand.

What am I feeling? A mix of anger, confusion... was that jealousy? Why would I be jealous? It was just a friendly arm around a shoulder.

Tommy saw me and grinned, mouthing, "Jealous?" I shrugged at him. Tommy nudged Tubbo and whispered into his ear, making the latter snort quietly.

George smiled up at Wilbur. "Go take a bath, you smell like hospital," George laughed, withdrawing his arm from Wilbur's shoulders.

"Wait, what does a hospital smell like?" Wilbur asked.

"Hand sanitizer. And delicious blood," George deadpanned. "We all love blood," Tommy joked.

"Bloooooooooooood-" Tubbo started to shriek but was drowned out by Sapnap and Karl who were chanting, "BLOOD, BLOOD, BLOOD-"

"I'm going to go insane," I muttered, shaking my head as Wilbur laughed.

Author's Note: WHO LOVES THAT DRAWING OF WILBURSOOT ABOVE

i wrote 'i dont understand' on Dream's part and my brain went CG5 mode

also i found this person who makes minecraft fan discs and the newest one is FANTASTIC go check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK1LnqSclvc

my school doesnt allow phones but one of my friends bring theirs anyway and yesterday he used it
like my school has this ginormous gate where parents can fetch their children and me and my bf were sitting down in the school grounds talking then i looked up
and saw our friend using his goddamn phone to take a picture of us
i was like WHAAAA- and i pointed it out then me and my bf ran out to demand him to delete it and i was laughing so hard
our friend sent the picture in the group chat with all our friends :/

i felt like i wanted to share that because yes

anyways stay safe and see you guys next chapterrrrrrrrrrrrrr-

-sparkz

Word Count: 786