The Coin Bracelet

Wilbur's POV

Life left first, a gruff expression on his face. His amber eyes scrutinized me and in a blink of an eye, he was gone.

Death left next. "Bye, William!" she smiled, waving at me. I waved back. "See you!" She twirled around, her half-raven half-white hair flying in the wind, then with a swish of her black cloak, she disappeared.

I marched to my table on Earth and sat down. I was going to write a song, whether I'd remember it or not.

A few hours later, I put my pen down next to a few crumpled pieces of paper and stood up. "I wonder if they have any food here," I wondered aloud.

I checked my pantry. Everything was as I remembered, like the box of spaghetti in the corner, and the small cobwebs glinting at the top corners.

I made some mac and cheese, but it was hard to swallow. I already missed Tommy, Tubbo, George... and of course Quackity. Who wouldn't miss him? His dark brown eyes and raven hair with tufts of feathers blending in. His smile was contagious; it could light up the whole room. His silver lips-

I shook my head. Why was I thinking about him like that? I finished off my food and did the dishes before getting ready to sleep.

I snuggled under my blanket and drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to the sound of Death calling, "William! Are you there?" She sounded panicked.

I sleepily got up and went out to Death. "What's wrong?" I asked. Her hair was tangled. Her black eyes, normally full of warmth, now were filled with panic. Her bony hands shook as she fidgeted with them.

"T-The Lives are here," she stammered. "They're looking for you."

"What are the Lives?" I asked. "Life's army. Life lied. He wants you to go to my realm. He doesn't want you to live."

"We must go. Now," she said, grabbing my wrist and tugging me along. "Can't you stop them?" I said. Death shook her head. "I can overpower a few, but even I cannot fight all one million of them," Death murmured, frantically fumbling with something that sparkled on her left wrist. "Take this."

She gave me a golden chain bracelet that had a coin with a heart engraved on it. It glinted.

"As dumb as this may be, the person who holds this coin will become enamored with you. If a Live goes after you, toss this coin to them. They will stop fighting you. All Lives must be united in a goal then they only can they fight."

I nodded just before she pushed me and I fell. Instead of hitting the soft grass, I continued falling, feeling my insides squirm in discomfort at the jerky movements.

Sometimes, I imagine how Death would react when she looked in her palm to see the pocketwatch she gave me. Because I put it there, with a little note that said 'I can't take it; I don't need it. just keep this with ya :) thanks for everything'.

But I'll never know, because I was now staring at a white ceiling. Then I heard a voice. A voice, shattered, raspy, hoarse. Most importantly, the voice had a Mexican accent.

"W-Wil?"

Author's Note: i have big plans for the bracelet ;)

i just got back from my holiday

i stayed in a cottage in the jungle and i barely got any sleep because:

1. the bed was so hard and creaky

2. the blanket was like SEWN to the bed so i couldnt pull it up to cover me in the freezing night

3. the fan was blowing so strong and i couldnt cover myself with the blanket
4. insects
5. it was pitch black and i am scared of the dark

but other than that it was actually pretty cool

anyways have a great day/afternoon/night and see u all next chapter :D

-sparkz

Word Count: 630