Karlnap

Tommy's POV

The tension slowly dropped down by multiple notches and as the knot in my stomach eased, I stormed up to Sapnap and grasped his hand. "I 'pologize for slapping you," I muttered gruffly.

Sapnap sighed with relief and shook my hand. "Thanks, Tommy. If I can make up for getting mad at Tubbo in some way, please let me know."

I smiled and Sapnap did the same, and I walked back to Tubbo and slipped beside him, kneeling on the hard floor.

"You OK, Tubs?" I said gently.

Tubbo nodded and gave me a weak smile, but I saw a hint of pain and misery behind his light blue eyes that looked sea turquoise to me.

"Tubs, d'you know why I helped you that day?"

Tubbo shook his head, tears hanging onto his delicate, curled lashes. "Because..." I paused.

Why did I save Tubbo that day? I recalled my feelings that day. What did I feel when I saw Tubbo? 

Blind rage, indignance and sadness I saw Tubbo being treated that way. But what did I feel when I saw him, not find him?

Happiness, curiosity and love. Not that love, but a brotherly, overprotective love. 

I swallowed and started talking to Tubbo again. "I don't know why, but it felt right to help you. I wanted to help. I had to help you. There was some love I felt for you that time, like you were my brother. Why am I getting all sappy?" I giggled softly and to my relief, Tubbo giggled with me.

"Toms, y-you're... thank you. You've stood up for me twice now. I-I don't know what to say," he stammered, blinking back tears valiantly.

I used my thumb to wipe his tears away, leaving a thin horizontal streak of salty water from his eye to the side of his face. "Aww, Tubs, stop crying. I feel bad."

Tubbo sniffed and rubbed his nose.

"Sorry..." he sniffled. I gently ruffled his hair up. "Don't say sorry to me, Tubs."

Tubbo looked around. "Where's Sapnap and Karl?" he asked curiously.

"They're not here?" I asked, surprised. I turned my head away from Tubbo to look at the room.

Quackity was exchanging a few words with Wilbur, laughing at something the latter remarked. The clatter of noise from the kitchen was made by George and Dream, the former cursing at the latter in Spanish.

"¡IDIOTA, LO VAS A ROMPER TODO!" yelled George. "¿ERES ESTÚPIDO O ENFERMO MENTAL? ¡NO PUEDES SACAR TODAS LAS TAZAS CON UNA SOLA MANO!"

"Gogy, I don't understand what you're saying!" wheezed Dream. "What are you saying?"

"¡CÁLLENSE LA BOCA, CHICOS!" Quackity bellowed.

"Sorry, Quackity," said George meekly. Then he hissed to Dream, "Use both your hands to take half of the cups and I'll take the rest or I will tell the whole world you have a stuffed toy in your bed."

Turning my attention back to Tubbo, I said quietly, "I'll go find Karl and Sapnap, OK? Tell Wil if you need anything. Is that OK?"

Tubbo nodded, and grinning at him, I climbed the stairs up to Sapnap's room and swung the door open.

"What the fuck?"

Karl's POV

When Sapnap was released by a furious Wilbur, I silently sighed with relief and slumped against the wall when Tommy apologized to him.