Taking Off The Mask

Dream's POV

I hugged George who clung to me tightly. Even though he was crying, his face streaked with tear-tracks and his nose red, he was still the most beautiful person I'd ever seen. Unlike me.

My face was ugly and I knew it, so I saved everyone from seeing my disgusting face by putting my mask back on. 

Bro, you're so ugly.

PUT THE MASK BACK ON!!

I was honestly hyped for your face reveal but after seeing it, I was extremely disappointed and disgusted. Like, who has such an ugly face?

Maybe put your mask back on? 

Man, your face is hideous.

I'm unsubscribing. Your face is ugly.

The comments hurt me more than I'd like to admit. The video, 'bye, from Dream' had been filmed the moment George moved in. I'd asked George and Sapnap to act like they hated my face so I wouldn't look like a coward. George and Sapnap were reluctant to help but they eventually caved to my pleading.

"Please, guys," I begged. "Just do it for me."

George shook his head. "We won't. Who cares what the community thinks? Me and Sapnap think your face is pretty, even if no one else does."

"Yeah," Sapnap chimed in. "Fuck the idiots who hate your face. You know me and George like your face. So do Karl, Quackity and the others on the SMP. You know others like CG5 also love your face. Like, did you see his reaction?" he chuckled.

I shook my head. "No. I want you to act like you dislike my face. How hard can it be? You guys probably hate my face inwardly anyway."

Sapnap frowned, and because his love language is touch, he reached forward to hold my hand but I flinched and moved my hands away. "Just... please help me," I pleaded, tears springing up in my eyes. 

My best friends shook their heads for about the millionth time. I looked down and tears slowly slipped down my cheeks. "P-please... I can't take all the hate anymore..." 

Sapnap sighed and caved in. "Fine, Dream. I'll do it." 

"Sapnap!" George protested.

"What? Dream clearly isn't happy with his face reveal and if covering up his face comforts him, I'll do it," Sapnap said. "Sapnap..." George whispered. "But... Dream... I think your face is alright. Can't you not wear the mask?"

"Please, George..." I cried. "I can't handle it all anymore. The hate and ridicule is too much."

George cast his eyes down to the floor and nodded reluctantly.

"George... I have a question..." I now said hesitantly. "Yes?" George's voice was muffled against my shirt.

"Do you... do you think I'm ugly?" I whispered. George sighed and said, "No, I don't. Dream... I think your face is beautiful." "Do you mean it?" I asked. "Or are you just saying it?"

George smiled softly up at me, his eyelashes coated with teardrops. "I mean it."

"Really?" I questioned. 

Hesitantly, he reached for my hand and lightly brushed his pink lips against my knuckles. "Yes, Dreamy."

Then I made a spur on the moment decision. If George thought I was beautiful, then maybe I was. Maybe my perception on my face was warped. Maybe if I tried not to care about what others thought...

"George... I'm gonna take my mask off."

George's POV

I gasped softly and smiled at Dream. "Really?" I said excitedly. Dream nodded. "Y-yes," he murmured.

I gave a soft laugh. "That's great!" Dream tentatively smiled at me. "Thank you..."

"If you want, I can post a video on my channel to ask people not to comment on your face," I offered. "That'd be great." Dream's eyes, which had been dark and sad since he'd face revealed, now were bright and sparkling, full of the mischief and joy they had.

"I swear, my favourite part of your face is your eyes," I giggled, grabbing his chin and tilting his face so I could see his eyes better. "They're so bright like the emeralds in Minecraft."

Dream chuckled. "My favourite part of you is your personality," he laughed. 

I raised an eyebrow. "Then my favourite part of you is that you're you."

"That's a nice comment."

"It's true."

Author's Note: im honestly so sad that Dream put the mask back on. like, WHO ARE THE FUCKING IDIOTS WHO SAID DREAM WAS UGLY?? hes so beautiful

so for all the people who're angry about that like me, heres a chapter of both dnf and Dream facing all the negativity and taking his mask off

but im REALLY excited for Dream's new song 'Until I End Up Dead' tho 
i just heard the trailer and i LOVE ITTTTTTTT 

rip techno :'( o7

i just think about Dream putting his mask back on and then my heart sinks and theres a heavy feeling in my stomach

anyways lets stop being depressing and hope Dream wont be so sad about his appearance which i will repeat again is GORGEOUS

bye guys <3

-sparkz

Word Count: 796