Finally

Quackity's POV

"Karl! It's your birthday next Monday, right?" I chirped excitedly, hovering inches off the ground as my wings flapped. 

"Yeah," Karl responded, smiling with anticipation. "I can't wait! Do you think you and Wilbur can stay until then?"

"Not sure," I said miserably. "Big Q, don't look at me like that!" Wilbur said. "It's not my fault!" He caved under my pleading gaze. "Alright, we can stay. But the day after Karl's birthday, we're going. OK?"

I beamed with joy, clapping my hands. "Yes! Thank you, thank you, Wilbur!"

Me, Wilbur, Karl and Sapnap were at a park, casually walking around while sporting sunglasses and donning caps so no one would recognize us. It was a huge difference compared to when we were in Dream's house; we would scream and yell, but here we were, walking like normal people.

"You're such a simp, Wilbur," Sapnap muttered under his breath.

"Shit, is it raining?" Wilbur said, not hearing Sapnap as the Brit tilted his head up toward the sky, looking back down with droplets of water on his face. "It apparently is."

"Fuck, I'm going back to the car," I said, landing on the damp ground as I stopped flapping my wings. "The rain is gonna make my wings wet."

"Weren't wings waterproof?" Wilbur asked. "Yeah, but they still get wet if out in the water for too long," I said hurriedly, running faster this time, leaving the three behind.

Should I attempt to fly? I knew it'd take more energy to fly in the rain, but if I stayed out too long, it'd make my wings wet and I wouldn't be able to get comfortable until they dried.

I started to work my wings but I stopped after a few minutes of flying above the ground. My wings were starting to get wet, and I was painfully tired.

A pair of hands scooped me up as I stumbled after a couple of steps, weighed down by my wings. Hands supported my back and the insides of my knees and I felt someone's light breathing on my forehead. I tiredly opened my eyes to see Wilbur.

He was trying to carry me back to the car, even though I was weighed down by my wings.

Gratitude and elation coursed through me, and I croaked, "Thank you."

Wilbur gave me a smile and I must've fallen asleep for a while, because the next thing I felt was the softness of the car seat and heard Karl and Sapnap's hushed whispers. I blinked slowly and my vision faded as I drifted back into sleep.

Wilbur's POV

"Wilbur, you should go carry Quackity," Karl suggested. I whipped around to see his innocent smile. "He's tired, you can practically see him staggering."

"Why don't you guys do it?" I asked suspiciously.

"We aren't strong enough to hold the wings' weight," Sapnap said, shrugging. "Just go help him."

After a moment's hesitation, I strode up to Quackity. Just in time too, for he suddenly stumbled and nearly fell. My arms shot out and supported him by the back and behind his shins.

With a quiet grunt, I managed to scoop him up in my arms and Quackity rasped, "Thank you." I threw him a smile and he promptly fell asleep. After a few minutes of carrying, I reached the car and gently placed him in it. Karl and Sapnap appeared moments after, drenched to the bone and shivering in the rain.

I sighed in defeat. "Fine, I'll drive. Get in the back with Big Q."

Sapnap's eyes lit up with thankfulness and he gladly sat beside a dozing Quackity. Karl sat beside Sapnap, leaning on his shoulder and whispering something while giggling. The ravenhead cackled back something and they burst into soft chuckles.