My Drug

George's POV

"I'm so excited!" Karl jumped up and down. "My birthday is tomorrow!"

"What animal would you like to be?" Sapnap asked quietly, and I knew he was remembering his own excitement, and the disappointment and anger after.

"A frog! Or a parrot," Karl added thoughtfully. "If I was a parrot, the colors would match my fingernails!" He held up his fingernails to show them, colourfully painted as always.

"Maybe you'll get wings!" Dream suggested.

I pressed myself against Dream, his hips fitting into my waist. "But don't get your hopes up though," I warned. "I didn't want to be a half-animal, but here I am." I meaningfully glanced at Dream, my tail around his waist.

"I like it," Dream complimented me, and I smiled, heat creeping up my cheeks. "Your face is SO red!" Sapnap cackled.

"It is not!" I defended myself. 

"It is!" Karl backed Sapnap up.

"Why are you two backing up each other so much these days?" Dream asked. "Just curious." "Uhh..." Sapnap was tongue-tied. "Because... because..."

"Because we're dating," Karl blurted out. Me and Dream stared at him, and a furiously flushing Sapnap. "Are you serious," I managed to say. Sapnap nodded.

Dream whooped and detached himself from me, clapping his hands loudly. "I KNEW IT!" he hollered. "I FUCKING KNEW IT!"

"I did not know that," I laughed. "Congrats!"

Sapnap smiled, and it was the first time ever I saw him so shy.

Karl's POV

"Does anyone else know?" George asked. "Tubbo and Tommy," Sapnap spoke up. "They walked in on us."

"'Walked in'? What were you two doing?" Dream choked on air. 

"Your mom," Sapnap said mildly.

"Fuck you," Dream answered.

"Bitch-" Sapnap started toward Dream, and George jumped between them, the brunette facing Sapnap and hissing, teeth bared and tail straight in the air.

"Don't touch him," George snarled.

"Woah, sorry, George," Sapnap stumbled back, eyes wide, latching onto me. "I didn't mean to make you mad."

Dream wrapped an arm around George, rubbing his shoulder soothingly. "George, it's OK," he cooed into George's ear. "Sapnap didn't mean anything by that."

George calmed down. "OK," he breathed out. Then his glare darted toward a still cowering Sapnap.

"If you ever try to hit Dream again-" George threatened, arching a hand and letting his claws glint in the light.

"OK, OK, I won't do it again!" Sapnap said. "Anyways-" he added on hurriedly to change the subject- "Karl, can we stream tonight to tell everyone we're together?"

"Sure," I answered.

Sapnap's POV

I started the stream and adjusted the camera. It was important for today. My shaking fingers dropped it. "Shit," I muttered.

I picked it up and made myself relax. Chat had noticed and was asking me why my fingers were shaking. "It's nothing, guys," I laughed it off. "Anyways, we're just talking about random stuff with Karl today."

"HI, CHAT!" Karl yelled and popped up behind me, and I felt his arms come around me from behind, his chin resting on my head. 

Soon, I forgot about what me and Karl had to do, and I calmed down. We made it around half an hour into the stream when Karl rested his cool hand on mine, and my palms started to immediately sweat. Shit, we have to...