○ 1

Why

Why . . . 

Nose flaring, Deiji sat there with a glum expression. 

Why does the sun keep rising?

Early bird ditties emitted through the shut curtains. She had a habit of sleeping with the windows slightly open. The duskily noises of the mobile cars and calming breeze helped her fall into a peaceful slumber.

As her mind drifted towards the warmth of her pillow, she heard her blaring alarm clock begin to break free.

Features dropping, they naturally fell into an aggravating expression. Scrunched up nose and gravelling jaw that let out a nasty snarl. One where you are controlling yourself from cursing and punching the wall. A few seconds fast before she relaxed her features back into a dismal one. Whining, Deiji kicked the duvet and dropped herself onto her comfy pillow exasperated.

What is the point of setting the alarm if I am going to wake up before it goes off. And I can't be asked to shut it off. But if I don't, it's going to keep on ringing and ringing and ringing. Just thinking about the whole scenario is tiring

Groaning out loudly, Deiji shut her eyes and lethargically flung her arm to the alarm. Shockingly it was unlike her usual days where luck is never on her side. But when it toppled off the desk, it shut up and for a brief moment her mind smiled though it did not show on her lips. However, it instantly fell apart as she dozed off again. 

I hate mornings

Nothing is more dangerous then closing your eyes for that extra minute of sleep

You will not be able to control yourself from falling into a deep sleep instead of a short nap. And as much as you want to regret it, sometimes you're unable to. And that was the state she was in right now. She enjoyed those extra minutes, therefore she didn't hate the fact that she was late.

Nonetheless, Deiji was stressed out. Stumbling down the stairs she quickly slipped her feet that wore the mismatched socks into her shoes. Tucking the laces inside her shoe, she left the house in a hurry.

With a quick text to a friend, the teenage girl glided down the concrete road on her skateboard. The fresh morning sunlight was clouded away by the polluted air. Multitasking, she dug her hand into her blazer pocket in hope to find her mask. Unfortunate to her, she was unable to.

Grimacing, she groaned and ran her palm through her dishevelled, dyed hair. The colour was unnoticeable. Most people would believe that her hair is virgin black until they get closer. That was because it was black, however, there was a slight hint of dark red subtly seen if you concentrate closely. Initially, Deiji was planning to go for purple, but she knew that school rules do not conduct this sort of behaviour.

Fastening her pace, she stretched her neck up to peek over the upcoming bush to her left. The bus stop is right behind it and to her misery, the bus was moving off the stop. Orbs widening, she anxiously moved ahead.