○ 25

long chapter!!! enjoy :)

A loyal obedient dog listens to their owner no matter what

A loyal obedient dog listens to their owner no matter what. There has been a poignant tale where a devoted dog patiently lingered for its owner at the train station, anticipating the return of its master after the day's work had ended. Tragically, the loyal pet remained oblivious to the heart-wrenching truth that its owner had passed away. Unaware that their joyous reunion will be impossible till the after life. Despite the sorrowful revelation, the dog stayed put, obedient as always and waited through the passage of countless days that seamlessly stretched into agonising months.

Beside her cherished car, she stood in anticipation waiting for Chenle to send his next order. Deep down she felt akin to that of a loyal pet awaiting commands. Releasing a hefty exhale, Joo ri pivoted to gaze at her own reflection, somberly visible through the car window.

With the tip of her fingers she delicately ran her hand over the smooth surface of the dark brown exterior of the SUV. This car was her prize possession. An establishment that took a substantial proportion of her savings to invest in. Now, here she was faced with the unsettling news from this random guy that supposedly was also a criminal was going to sell it.

An uproar of emotions surged within her, a fierce desire to unleash her frustration as a scream and burst his ear drums. Her heart cried out; ordering her to refuse and drive away.

But how could she? The cruel reality hit her like a truck. She found herself trapped, unable to stand up against him if she wanted her life to remain intact. Afterall he intended that everything he is doing is for her sake, so that she isn't caught by the police. But then again, the bitter taste of irony lingered. She was facing the consequences of her actions during the visit to the station earlier on in the day. If they hadn't kidnapped poor Eun tak, the two girls would be on their way to the spa.

Clutching her fist tightly, she controlled her impulses in wanting to strike the side mirror. She refrained from expressing her anger; after all, this vehicle was her pride and joy. Her baby.

Raising her gaze gradually, she spotted him talking to a towering, robust man who showcased an aura of intimidation. One she instantly fell menace. His physique and structure was terrifying. Standing at a height over 6 feet he wore a tight man bun. Tanned skin imprinted with hefty tattoos. She acknowledged the wrong in judging a book by its cover but she couldn't risk interacting with him or his men. But sometimes, circumstances don't turn out the way you want them to.

Chenle turned his attention in her direction, beckoning her with a casual wave. Caught in a moment of hesitation, Joo ri cast uneasy glances between the two men. Fearfully she shook her head, as an indication of saying no. Chenle's expression darkened.

Taking one step closer to her direction, he extended a finger at Joo ri and then pointed to his side directing her to come this instant. Scrunching her features, Joo ri clicked her tongue and dragged herself towards him forcefully. An air of defiance leaving her lips.