○ 11

Mouth gawping, Deiji scrunched up her features with wide eyes as they did not deter from the diary that laid flat on her desk

Mouth gawping, Deiji scrunched up her features with wide eyes as they did not deter from the diary that laid flat on her desk. The only thought that filtered through her mind was -

What the fuck!

She was in denial, mixed with doubt. Leaning back onto her chair she pushed back making it balance on the back legs. A raspberry vibrated past her lips as her neck rested on the headphones that remained on around her neck. Tousling her dyed hair aggravatedly with her palm she dropped the chair back in place with her arms on the desk. Clasping them together she bit her bottom lip and stared at the diary.

The whole of it was heavy and difficult. Even though it was unexplained thoroughly, to Deiji it was unbelievable that her mother had gone through all of this. Her whole life, Deiji simply believed that her mother had a peaceful and happy childhood. One main reason that caused her to come to such an absurd conclusion was because Joo ri never mentioned any tales whilst she grew up. Therefore, it was normal to just assume that she had a peaceful youth. But that didn't seem to be the case.

Her mother was lonely. No one to turn to

A peculiar emotion hit her heart when Deiji had come to a realisation that she was actually no different. She had also felt lonely and left out. But what took her by surprise the most was that she and her mother both went through a similar situation.

Not being able to fit in with the rest of the people their age. Whether it was to do with friendship in her mothers case or what Deiji wants to achieve in the future. They each struggled comparably.

Fortunately, her mother had Aunt Eun tak with her. But that doesn't change the fact that she still went through all of that. At that moment, Deiji began to understand her mother more.

She was a closed person. Never confides with others nor her daughter and that was when it hit her. Perhaps, Sungchan was correct. Cocking her brow that was decorated with the eyebrow piercing she let out a quiet scoff. She couldn't figure out how he was so observant of something that even she couldn't see. The boy barely meets Deiji's mother compared to her. Clearly because they both live under the same roof. But she was flabbergasted to comprehend that he had perceived such a deep conduct that her mother portrays just by the complaints that Deiji shares with him.

Eye's falling shut with her depleting energy, Deiji rested her chin on the wooden surface. She started to apprehend her selfishness. She asked for her mothers love and seeked for it yet she never gave any to her in exchange. And the more she thought about what her best friend had said, the more right he was. Deiji was actually blind to her mothers affection.

"SON DEIJI!"

Launching her body off the desk, she flinched up abruptly in a spree by the loud vocals that had roared beside her. Blinking vigorously, the girl snapped her head to the front where her teacher stood with his palms placed on either side of his torso. Glasses tilted to the edge of his nose, he didn't even bother to look through them but instead leaned his chin down to look past them to her tired figure. Foot tapping rhythmically, he tutted his head side to side. "You need to focus"