○ 26

"Take these with you" Joo ri struggled to walk over to the sofa with her arms filled with snacks

"Take these with you" Joo ri struggled to walk over to the sofa with her arms filled with snacks. Dropping them next to Deiji's bag, her mother placed both her arms on either side of her arm. "I don't need all of these, '' Deiji said coldly. Though her voice showed no appreciation, she felt heart warmed. "What if you get hungry?"

"I'll buy things outside" she didn't want to carry a lot of weight as it would drag her down. "Did you pack your sunscreen"

"Yes"

"Extra clothes?"

"Yes"

"Charger-"

"Mum, stop worrying. I got everything!" irritated at last she slapped the zip of her bag shut and stood up from her bent position. Taken aback by her daughter's harsh tone, Joo ri took a step back. "Sorry" she muttered.

That was all it took for Deiji to feel guilty. She shouldn't speak to her mother in such a way. She was only caring for her and for the first time she was showing it through words but Deiji blatantly shut her up. The more she thought about it, Deiji realised that she herself was really the problem.

Picking up the packet of the mini swiss roll cakes her mother bought for her, Deiji packed it into her bag. "You don't have to worry. I will be safe. I also have Sungchan with me" Deiji softly responded. Joo ri lifted her sight up. "I can't take all these snacks. It's too heavy but thanks mum. I really appreciate it"

All Joo ri did was send a small smile to her daughter. She believed that they might be getting closer but now she was thinking that maybe she was getting too ahead of herself.

Picking up the bag, Deiji placed it over her shoulder and walked closer towards her mother. Standing a feet inches away from one another, Deiji gradually wrapped her arms around her and rested her chin on her shoulder. "I'll be back in a few days." biting her bottom lip, the younger girl took a deep breath building up the courage to say the words that had been itching to speak for the past hour.

"I . . ." shutting her eyes, Deiji exhaled slowly to calm down her pounding heart. After relaxing her features and muscles she whispered into her mothers ear. "I'll miss you" holding her tight for a few more seconds, she pulled away to find a pair of teary eyes staring back at her. "Ahh man, don't cry."

"I'm not" Joo ri laughed but her orbs glistened lightly. Raising her hand she stroked her daughter's hair. "I'll miss you too, buttercup. Have fun and stay safe"

Buttercup

She constantly repeated it in her mind. It's been a long time since she heard that nickname. It was one her mother used when she was little. A giddy feeling enlightened her heart. Smiling widely, Deiji giggled out loud while staring up front.

Freaked out, Sungchan judged her from beside. "You're going to creep the people around you" however it seemed like she already was. Several passengers that were walking by their booth did not hide their judging expressions.