○ 41

That's it?

That's it?

A faint gasp escaped her lips as she delicately flipped through the remaining pages. She fell in utter disbelief to find nothing more inscribed on the pages. Her mother dropped a cliff-hanger as if it was some real novel. Where is the ending?!

Aggravated by the empty pages, Deiji let out a grunting scream. As satisfied as she may be with the new found understanding of her mother, she yearned for more. She couldn't be completely happy without the answer to her everlasting lingering question - Who is her father?

As she traced her fingers over the final sentences, she reread how that was their last meeting. Then how can Chenle be her father?

No! No! No! No!

Aggressively ripping through the pages, she held the cover tightly in her grip.

This can't be it!

"There has to be more!" she growled out in pure vex. From the side, Sungchan flinched at her unforeseen reaction that burst out of nowhere. "Are you ok?" he dragged out cautiously.

Letting out a frustrated scream, her hands involuntarily reached up to grasp her hair as if trying to pull out the source of her irritation. With an exasperated sigh, she slumped further into the couch.

"It's done" , she declared, leaving the boy in utter confusion. He wandered his sight around to find her holding the diary loosely in her palm. Eye's slightly dilating, he raised a brow. "You're mum's diary? You finished it" he questioned, sensing a mix of emotions in the air..

Emotionless, she nodded. "Isn't that supposed to be good? Don't you have all the answers now" he pressed out a monotone. Opening her orbs to his harsh tone, Deiji sat up straight and gazed at the boy oddly. "What's with you?"

"Nothing"

It wasn't nothing. He looked pissed. Tutting her head, she sent a knowing gaze that screamed you're not fooling me. Groaning out, he ran his hand through his hair. He knew that she wouldn't shut up until he told her. Reluctantly, he gave in.

"I don't get it," he blurted out. Inhaling, he clasped his arms tightly together and stared down at the ground. "This whole trip seemed to be a complete mystery to me. You were the brains of it. You knew where we were going and you planned everything we were going to do. But in the end I learned that you had a goal behind it all. . . to learn about your family. And as happy as I am for you I just don't understand why you bought me along?" blinking slowly, Deiji realised how selfish she really was.

It made her question whether this was how he felt since the beginning yet he held on this long. Fiddling with her dyed hair, she looked away ashamed. "I'm sorry" eyes dilated, sungchan snapped his head towards her. She wasn't always the type to admit to her wrongdoing. "This was supposed to be a trip where we relax and have fun. But I made it all about myself."