○ 32

Drained out

Drained out

Pale

Weak

It felt like at any second she'd be taking her final breath. Joo ri began to lose hope that she'd be able to reach there in time. The only thing that was going through her mind was how she let Eun tak down. How Eun tak would die because of her and how Joo chan would be devastated and alone. He'd have lost two girls that he loves so much.

Joo chan

Joo ri remembered how she hadn't spoken to him. He must be worried about them two. She wanted to talk and tell him about everything. She wanted to cry and ask her brother to save her. Tell him how she loves him no matter how many times she denies it and annoys him. 

All the memories she shared with her brother flourished her mind. Like the time he lost her favourite plushie so in return she shared all his embarrassing stories to his crush. Like when he wet himself in front of the whole audience in middle of his performance in the school play.

It felt horrible. Thinking how she or Eun tak won't be able to share a single meaningful word with him before they die. 

It began to circulate her mind. Who cares about her and who does not. 

And then there is her mother . . . She hadn't seen her mother for over half a year. She misses her. She hadn't told her yet.

Would she even be able to anymore?

Tears began to build up at the edge of her eyes trickling down her heated skin. She was struggling so much. She couldn't even lift a finger to wipe them away. Her insides felt like they were bleeding. She was sure her organs were ripping apart.

A chill sent tingles down the back of her hand as it was gently lifted and draped around Chenle's waist. In the stillness that enveloped them, he inclined his head, his hand tenderly finding its place on her cheek, so that she could completely rest herself onto his shoulder. "Hang in there" he comfortingly spoke out.

The wind intensified and Chenle accelerated. Racing against time, he quickened his pace in fear Joo ri's condition worsens.  

They were only a 10 minute ride away so the boy wasn't too troubled. He knew that they'd make it in time especially with him disregarding the speed limit. Yet, the pressing reality of Joo Ri's suffering left him with no room for complacency.

Despite only having met her a few days prior,  Chenle couldn't understand at first why she had placed such a strong impression on him. And as he spent more time with her he began to unknowingly care for her. A feeling he both resented and couldn't easily dismiss.

He hated it

He never felt this way and it wasn't him. She was practically a stranger. But no matter how many times he denied, his heart throbbing feelings made sure he knew that somehow this innocent girl had made this strong hard-headed criminal fall head over heels for.

Unaware as to how she did it, he choose to not care.

Neither did he consider if she felt the same way towards him. All he cared about in that exact moment was to save her. Twisting the handle he attempted to shift gears to accelerate further. Strangely, the bike let out an ear-piercing scream. And by the time Chenle comprehended the issue, the bike came to an abrupt stop.

Baffled, he furrowed his brows and tilted his head at either side of the bike to figure out what happened. Softly, tapping Joo ri's hand he indicated to her to release her hold to which she leisurely did before slowly getting off. Smoothly taking off his helmet, Chenle stood up while Joo ri took a step forward and fell limp onto the motorbike.

Pressing his lips together, the boy circled around the bike and crouched down at the second wheel. Naturally a loud grunt left his lips upon understanding what had happened.

There was a puncture in the wheel. Huffing out some air, Chenle stood up straight and raised his left hand up to his lips. Biting the tip of his glove he ripped it off his hand before doing the same with the other. As he did so, he examined the girl, check on her to see if she was fine.

Exactly then, Joo ri gripped onto the bike and forcefully pushed her body off. Without a word, she crawled her way to the side of the road and threw up. Orbs dilating, Chenle ran over and held her hair up. Rubbing her back as he kneeled down beside. It helped her calm down but her stomach was not pleased with anything.

Eventually, Joo ri backed away and let out a cry when blood was found on the ground as well. She was feeling gross and disgusting. All negative feelings accumulated inside of her.

Throat aching, Joo ri badly wanted to scream out in torment. However, her voice was enclosed by a bottle of water in her view. Taking a gulp she swished it around her mouth before spitting it out. A reddish tint hit the ground by the blood that mixed with it.

Letting out a cry, Joo ri squeezed the plastic bottle in her hands while pressing her other palms aggressively onto the concrete ground. Eyes welling up, she sniffed as the tears made way down her cheek.

Gulping down, Chenle let out a shaky breath unsure what to do. He had never comforted someone. He didn't need to before, so this current situation he was facing was foreign. Like a toddler beginning to learn to pronounce words he was filled with confusion, unsure as to what to say to her that can help. Being the unsympathetic person that he is was not helping.

Taking a deep breath, Chenle cleared his through contemplating on his next actions. Orbs fixated on the girl crouched down beside him, he observed her suffering state. Letting out a exhale, he eventually stopping fighting the urge and gave in. 

Slowly, Chenle carefully wrapped an arm around the front of her shoulders and pulled her into his chest. Rubbing her back tenderly he placed his chin on top of her head.

"A-am I going t-to die?"

Shutting his eyes tight, he gritted his teeth in order to restrain his fuming anger at his Boss. 

"No your not"