○ 31

With a languid eyes, Eun tak emitted a groan whilst flicking through the pages

With a languid eyes, Eun tak emitted a groan whilst flicking through the pages. What was she thinking? Romance novels? Pathetic. To think that they'd even own such a kind of possession was stupid. Perhaps she should have asked for a crime or thriller. But then again, if they had such things then they wouldn't have leant her these.

Darting her sight down to the pile they carelessly threw at her, Eun tak tilted her head. Dropping the cook book aside, she thoroughly skimmed through the pile once again. Magazines, car manuals . . . a guide to how to use a gun???

Falling depressed she flung her body backwards and hit the mattress hard. Glancing up to the ceiling, Eun tak exhaled and mentally planned to escape through this wretched place as soon as possible.  

She misses home. The nostalgia gripped her heart, longing for the comfort of her tv and sofa. The snacks in her hands and the freedom. But mostly, she misses Joo chan and Joo ri.

Turning to the side, she fixated on the door on the verge of tears. How would he react when he comes back home to find no one there? To find the two girls missing. She began to wonder if he was even thinking about them or not. Is he calling her right now; trying to get a hold of them?

Shutting her eyes, Eun tak comfortably rested and listened carefully. She could hear the guard speaking to someone else. Brushing it off aside she didn't pay too much attention knowing that he's probably off his patrol. It's as if she was really in prison treated like some cunning criminal with devious plans on escaping.

She wishes she was. Oh how badly she did. But in reality, she couldn't even get up to be bothered to go to the toilet. Sighing, Eun tak chose to sleep through time so that the day could just pass by. But then a voice called out her name.

Shooting her eyes open, she sat up straight and began to approach the door. "Eun tak? You asleep?" smiling lightly she casually flopped onto the ground and leaned against the door.

"Is that you Kun?" she aske, receiving a hum. Instantly her smile dropped. "I have a bone to pick with you. I asked for romance books, not cook books. Is this the best you could find"

Rolling his eyes at her, not that she could see, he slowly sat down against the wall as well. "This isn't a hotel. You're held as our hostage, don't forget" letting out a soft scoff she nodded before leaning the back of her head against the door. Stretching her legs out she stared at the ceiling. "Don't have to remind me"

Quietly they both sat still not sharing a word. It was quite comfortable with one another's company. She didn't feel lonely even though silence floated the air. "Can I talk? You don't have to respond if you don't want to. But can I just speak"

She got no response but she took it as a yes. Clearing her throat, Eun tak began to express all her dying emotions and words that had been itching to be released. "I miss home," she began.

Kun momentarily shut his eyes for a second. He did feel awful. He didn't understand why Winwin had to go this far. This is just mentally torturing innocent girls. Why couldn't he have just made it quick?

"I actually am not the type who thinks about my future or past that much. I usually just live in the present. If I like something I just do it and try not to regret. I don't wonder about what will happen as a consequence of choosing a certain thing. But for the first time I can't help but seek the knowledge of my choices" taking a deep gulp, Eun tak fiddled with her fingers. "What if I hadn't read Joo ri's book? What if I hadn't agreed to fulfil her wishes and help her enjoy life a little more?" laughing to herself she shook her head. "But I know that my choices were the right ones because if I hadn't agreed to help her then she would have fallen into depression and god knows what would have happened."

Kun was clueless as to what she was talking about but he did not interrupt and listened to her respectfully. "Either way would have led to issues. And I guess this is the one that was chosen. Me, being kidnapped." biting her bottom lip she gazed up to prevent her tears from falling. "And joo ri-" she held her breath feeling terrible. "I don't even know if she is ok and if she isn't then I'll never forgive myself"

At the mention of the familiar name, Kun perked up knowing exactly who Eun tak was talking about. Eun tak was still in the dark about her sister-in-law. She doesn't know whether she is alive or had been shot at the club. He wanted to reassure Eun tak that Joo ri is fine but he couldn't because he wasn't allowed.

Sniffing, Eun tak wiped her cheeks and let out a laugh of annoyance. "You know I have no idea what to tell Joo chan. . . That I took his sister to a club and she is nowhere to be found? Even if I tell him the truth that I was kidnapped, he wouldn't even believe me. How could anyone? He only left for like 4 days and so much has happened. No one would believe it" she carried on.

"You're hubby . . . he's gone somewhere?" he asked. Eun tak sighed and nodded, not that he could see. "Do you think he's going to break up with me?" furrowing his brows, Kun turned around and faced the door. "What? Why'd you think that?"

"Because I lost this sister and she's-" stopping in between her words, Eun tak gritted her teeth. It frustrated her because she didn't even know what had happened to her. Tied between two knots, Kun wandered his eyes, not sure what to say. The truth or a lie?

"She's-" shutting his eyes, he ran his palm over his face. "She's probably fine" a scoff was heard behind the doors. "If you haven't forgotten, the only reason this all happened was because of you guys. So if she isn't fine it is your fault. And as much as you are my favourite out of all you criminals, I can't forgive you" she harshly spoke out. Taken aback by the hostile words, Kun blinked a few times and felt a little hurt.

However, she had a point. They attacked them and killed many. Eun tak didn't know what came over her. She wasn't even aware of the things she was saying until they left her mouth. She guessed that was a feeling she felt towards Kun since the beginning. She was still conscious about him and couldn't fully trust the man.

And it seemed like he received the message quite well.