○ 38

"I'm ok now" she reassured, but the tears did not stop at all

"I'm ok now" she reassured, but the tears did not stop at all. It had been a few hours since Joo ri woke up. She still hasn't recovered entirely but she refused to lay down. Eun tak on the other hand hated how Joo ri was putting stress on herself. She wanted the girl to rest. 

"We need to leave." Joo ri urged.

"We can after you recover," Eun tak pleaded.

"No!" Joo ri's voice came out demanding. Taken aback from the tone, Eun tak backed away in confusion. 

However, Joo ri did not know how much strength it took to say that single word. The pit of her stomach ached and chest burned. Yet she forced through. "We can't. My brothers are coming back in two days. We need to return before he does"

Clenching her fist, Eun tak exhaled heavily. "Should we tell him or not?" instantly, Joo ri shook her head. "No . . ." sighing the younger girl shut her eyes. "There's no point. He won't believe us. He'd just think we're making an excuse for not picking up his calls"

Eye's widening, Eun tak snapped her head to Joo ri. "You haven't talked to him since." biting her bottom lip Joo ri shook her head. "I couldn't."

Devastated

Eun tak constantly blaming herself for everything. She felt like she had ruined everything. What were they to say to Joo chan? And will Joo ri recover by the time they do return? 

Even though she was talking and acting perfectly fine, Eun tak can see the damage the poison had on her. Joo ri was just trying to pull through. But she was physically in pain - so much pain.

Looking down to her clasped palms, Eun tak covered her features with her long strands of hair. "I'm sorry" she blurted out. Turning to the side, Joo ri sat up more straight and leaned on the head board. She didn't require an explanation to know what this was about.

"Don't beat yourself. It's not your fault." Joo ri said, trying to reassure Eun tak.

"How can you say that?"Eun tak seethed out, clenching her jaw and gripping the material of her dress. Her hands trembled, and she breathed heavily. "We're in this situation because of me"

"And what's the point of looking at the past!" her throat ached with the pressure she used. Chest moving up and down, it was clear she was furious. Joo ri never raised her voice and it was difficult to see her like this. It made Eun tak realise how serious she was. "You taught me to not look back and dwell on the past but move forward. If it weren't for you I would've never taken a step outside my comfort. I struggled so much and you helped me walk into light. Even though I was poisoned and had to do some unlawful things, I learned so much. I grew so much. So . ." gritting her teeth she glared at the older one.

"I don't get why you are blaming yourself! If it weren't for you we wouldn't have lived in the first place. If you hadn't broken that window we wouldn't have escaped. We wouldn't be alive. We should be grateful we didn't die that day!" gulping, Eun tak shivered under Joo ri's presence. It felt as though her eyes fell upon an entirely different person.

3 days

Only three days ago when she had to force a timid girl to step out of her car to go to a club and let loose. But now, in front of her was a well grown adult who stood up for herself, raised her voice and opinions. All it took was a road trip to transform her entirely.

Closing her open lips, Eun tak blinked a few times before sending a slow nod. Joo ri was right. However, hearing those words didn't make Eun tak feel any better; it just made her feel pathetic... useless.

Even if she was the reason they were able to escape, she didn't believe that their current survival was solely due to her. It was all Joo ri. Without Joo ri,  they both definitely would've died.

"No it's ok. I'll drive back" Eun tak said to the Ten, who shut the boot. She wasn't sure why they had suddenly treated both her and Joo ri nicely. But Eun tak didn't care. All she cared about was that they were going home.

"I packed some food and water for your journey and the Boss said you can keep the car," the Thai boy explained. Twisting on her heels she snapped her head over to the shorter boy. 

"What?"

Scratching the back of his head he let out an awkward chuckle. "Apparently, that girl um . . . Joo ri was it? Anyway apparently she had to sell her car. Chenle promised to get it back but there is no way that can happen so Boss suggested her to have this. It's old but very expensive. An antique actually. . . " he blabbered on. Uninterested, Eun tak glanced over to a wide field of grapes.

It was beautiful.

The area was so refreshing. Mountains and fresh streams of river. The clear skies and Eun tak recognized the minimal light pollution compared to the city they called home.

I wonder how it would look during the night? Tilting her head she gazed up. Will we be able to see the galaxy and stars more clearly

". . . so yeah it's a 1962 corvette stingray. 0 to 60 in 5.9 seconds. Top speed of 140 mph. A beauty don't you think. It's quite rare to find and you should be grateful that the Boss said you can keep it." placing his hand on the roof of the car he exhaled. "I'll miss you" he sulked quietly whilst speaking to the car. 

Sighing, Ten twisted his sight around to find the girl staring at him. Cocking a brow, he shut his lips. "Don't you know your cars?" he scoffed. But then she stepped closer observing the guy.

Her taller height loomed over his shorter figure. She may only be an inch taller but Eun tak has this natural way of making herself rather intimidating. 

"You want this car, don't you?" narrowing his eyes Ten poked his tongue to his cheek. However, before he could answer he looked past her shoulder to the front of the mansion.

Eye's widening, Eun tak believed that Joo ri must be behind. The younger girl left a few minutes ago to speak to some guy called Chenle. From what she had guessed, Eun tak believed that this was the boy she travelled with. 

"At last" she groaned.

Spinning on her feet Eun tak faced behind to find a figure standing in front of her. 

It wasn't Joo ri. Instead it was a guy.

A guy who was a little taller than her. Taking steps slower towards her, the guy closed the distance between them and stood right in front.

At first she thought he had possibly come to speak with Ten but then she realised that he had his attention solely placed on Eun tak.

She hadn't seen him, only the door being their boundary. But Eun tak instantly knew who he was. Taking a deep inhale she called his name out.

"Kun"