○ 5

Grey - inside and out

She felt so stupid

So childish for running away like that

Cowardly enough for running away from everything. From reality and still she felt no regret

It made her feel better actually. Escaping. Alas, she did not think it through the slightest and let her feet lead the way. And now here she was standing a stray in front of his house. She had already knocked but there seemed to be no answer. Deiji figured whether to go back home or stay outside somewhere hidden.

She was too embarrassed to return

Cold nipping her finger tips from the rain, it sent her skin to shrivel up like an old age. She looked down at her state. Wearing nothing warm but her slippers and pyjamas. Hair flat on her scalp and forehead. Directing her drenched sleeves towards her face she wiped away her tears.

Mortified by her attire, she knew that she'd feel ashamed to step into their house like looking like this. Humiliating. Wandering her sight onto the ground, Deiji was about to twist on her heels to head back. 

Unfortunately, God seemed to have another plan when the front door opened wide. Alarmed, the younger girl began to hyperventilate when her shaking eyes connect with the older woman. One glance of the girl was all it took for her to pull Deiji indoors in an instant. "Oh gosh what happened to you?" gently pushing away Deiji's damp strands off her shoulder, she placed both her palms on either side of Deiji's cheeks observing her.

"Sungchan! Bring me a towel!"

It didn't take long until she spotted the boy leisurely walking down the stairs. He was taking his own time, clueless as to what was happening. But as soon as he saw the frail looking girl and her shivering figure, the boy hurriedly shortened the distance and wrapped the warm towel around her body.

She was completely out of it. She wasn't even listening to what they were saying. She didn't even take in her surroundings nor pay attention to what they were doing. However, when the warmth of the towel heated her body up like a source of comfort she naturally lifted her chin up to connect her emotionless orbs with a pair of wavering ones.

Wordlessly, Sungchan observed her features and instantly noticed that something was wrong. Exhaling slowly, he stepped forward and softly placed his hand at the back of her head. Gently drawing her towards his chest, he rested his cheek on the top of her while carefully wrapping his arms in an embrace.

He wanted to show that he was there for her

Instinctively, fear accumulated inside. Joo ri was unable to even breathe properly. It was as if someone had punctured her lungs preventing them from living.

Her sweaty palm lifted towards her face and she ran it over. She began to agitate the further she got away from her house. She wasn't sure how long it had been since she started driving through the neighbourhood but she couldn't find her daughter anywhere.