○ 34

10 minute ride

10 minute ride

That's what he thought. 

Unfortunately, with their current situation, it will easily take 30 minutes to walk. But with Joo ri resting on his back, Chenle's mental calculations forecasted it to take longer. 

Stopping midway, Chenle readjusted her position by hoisting her up. He was uncertain of the distance they've covered so far now how much longer it'll take.  

His deepest concern was the fact that she fell unconscious after the earlier episode of her throwing up. Following a brief rest, Joo ri managed to stand up on her two feet. 

However, upon hearing Chenle's emphasis on how long the journey is on foot she hoped that they could wait for a lift by a passing vehicle. 

Nonetheless, she agreed on going by foot after noticing how her condition was becoming worse. She did attempt to be independent but before she could even take another step forward, she couldn't feel her limbs. Strength dissipating, Joo ri fell limp right there. A thud resonated behind Chenle. Twisting around, Chenle found the girl on the concrete floor unconscious.

At that exact moment, he didn't even put together an orderly plan. He instantly lifted her up onto his back and hurriedly walked down the road.

Huffing, he took deep breaths. The sun was blaring, sweat trickling yet he pushed through. Chenle was falling restless and exhausted but he didn't give in. His red tipped hair was drenched. Trickles dripped from the tips as it danced in front of his vision.

Pausing for a second, the Chinese boy turned back behind him. A van was making it's way toward them. Eyes radiating with hope, he leisurely stepped into the middle of the road and stood there tall with no ounce of fear.

A cacophony of blaring car horns reverberated around the vast cliffs beside them. As the driver neared he realised that this suicidal maniac wouldn't budge. Eventually he hit the brakes at a dangerous time. So late that the driver was sure that he may not have a chance to stop in time. Fortunately, he stopped right in front of the Chinese boy who carried on standing steadfast and unfazed, as the vehicle screeched to a halt directly before him.

With a strong deathly glare, Chenle paced over to the driver's seat. The window was already rolled down. The man inside was throwing a line of horrendous curse words which went unheard by Chenle. Instead, the boy twisting around and walked to the passenger seat where he carefully placed the unconscious girl onto the leather seat.

"What are you doing?!"

Shutting the door, Chenle made his way back to the driver and carelessly thrashed the door open with one hand before using the other to grab the man's collar. With no idea as to what he was up to, the man stared up at Chenle. But before he could even figure it out, he found himself on the rigid ground.

He was harshly discarded. "What the fuck are you doing!" lifting himself off the ground, the man dragged himself towards Chenle about to open the door again. However his hand didn't even reach the handle when a numbing coldness hit his forehead.

Lifting his sight off the car door, the man's eyes locked onto the menacing presence of the gun pointed directly at him. With a trembling hand, he gingerly stepped away and fell to the ground in overwhelming fear. With a disdainful scoff, Chenle case a stern gaze at the man and hit the acceleration.

"You bastard!!! I hope you die!"

With a depressed expression, Deiji dropped her hands down that held the phone and she stared upfront in utmost despair. A little snicker was heard behind her. Grumbling, she let put a row of inaudible curses before twisting on her feet.

A smug smile was planted across his features to her displeasure. Rolling her eyes, Deiji ran her palm through her dyed hair. "Ok I get it, I was wrong and you were right. Don't need to rub it in." Nodding his head, Sungchan walked closer and placed his palm out.

Letting out a scoff, Deiji looked away from him and placed her phone in his hand. It was only 10 minutes ago when Deiji confidently led Sungchan through the small village. He questioned a few times whether she was taking him in the right route. It felt like they were spinning around in circles. And now it was confirmed when they walked past this post box for the 5th time.

Humming, Sungchan scanned the area and then looked over to the shorter girl. "You're sure you typed in the correct address. It's saying that it's right here" nodding her head, Deiji tiptoed and then peeked over his arm. "It's the one auntie sent."

Double checking, Sungchan noticed how she typed it correctly. Confused, the boy scratched the side of his head and then huffed out some air. "We're lost," he concluded. Handing her phone back to her, the boy began to walk forward. He refused to believe that this was the place Deiji was looking for.

They were standing in front of the park where children were playing around. They did not travel this far to go to a park. 

"Auntie told me that it was a mansion with a vineyard." Sighing, Sungchan ran his hand over his face and then looked away to find an old lady walking down the street with a plastic bag. Suddenly, a young kid on a cycle skidded past around the corner taking her by surprise.

At the unforeseen jump scare, the old lady dropped her groceries onto the dirty ground. In a hurried manner, the kid sent an apologetic look before cycling away without even the thought of helping.

Deiji was so busy watching the children having fun at the park that she was not aware that Sungchan had disappeared from her side. When she did sense the warmth of his presence disappear, the girl faced towards his direction to find him kneeling on the ground a few metres away. Taking in the scene, she noticed how he was busily helping the old lady collect her groceries.

Unknowing to her, a heartfelt smile lifted off her features. He had always been a kind soul with pure intentions. He always looks out for the people around him and he is always there for her as well. Folding her arms across her chest, Deiji leaned on the metal railings watching him mingle with the lady.

With a short wave to her, he jogged back to Deiji and stood right in front of her. He had this pleasant smile stretched far across his lips as if he had achieved something extraordinary. With a gentle gaze, Deiji stood up straight and took a step closer to him leaving barely any gap between them.

Slightly raising his eyebrow, he connected his orbs to her dark ones and observed how she moved her hand to the top of his head and scuffled his hair. 

Naturally a gleeful spark lifted off his features. Clasping his hand over her smaller one that rested near his ear, Sungchan squeezed it lightly. "I know the way to the mansion" 

 "I know the way to the mansion" 

Merry Christmas!!!