○ 22

"She was poisoned?" she hushed out quietly, completely baffled

"She was poisoned?" she hushed out quietly, completely baffled. Her mind felt puzzled yet she found the whole book intriguing. Too much for it to be real. Taking a deep inhale she hummed to herself with doubt. Slowly Deiji placed the diary onto the round oval teak table in front of her.

Leaning back on her chair, Deiji folded her arms across her chest and cocked her brow with her lips pinned into a straight line. It was difficult to take everything in.

Her mum was poisoned

She helped a criminal escape

Once again, she fell into thought and no matter how many times she tried to convince herself, she found it unbelievable. It was as if this was some fantasy novel her mother wrote disguised as a diary about her life. If that was the case, Deiji would've still learned something about her mother - that she was a delusional teenager.

Nonetheless, she was blind to the truth behind these flimsy sheets of bark. She barely knew her mother, so she was stumped on whether this was a lie or not. Even so, she was not too bothered by her burning desire to know because Deiji was confident that a certain person could tell her the truth.

Tilting her head up from the green grass that was a few feet away from her she dropped her sight onto Sungchan. One hand tucked into his trouser pocket, he watered his mothers rose plants with the other one.

Exhaling in a hushed tone, Deiji pressed her lips together before sitting up straight. "Sungchan!" she called out loudly unsure if he could hear over the trickles of water leaving the hose. Snapping his head to the side, he pulled back away from the roses and observed Deiji who began to wave her arm at him. Switching the water off, he dropped the pipe onto the ground before making way to her.

Lethargically he fell into the chair that faced opposite her. Picking up his glass of freshly squeezed lemonade he took a sip with a curious gaze. "What is it?"

Deiji was half listening to him as her mind was focused on the text message she was typing away. Mumbling to herself momentarily she placed on a small smile before looking up over to him. "I'm going to leave right now." eyes widening, Sungchan harshly placed the glass down and scoffed out. "Summer just began and we said we'd make plans on what to do. If you leave, who's going to make the plans" he scolded, not liking the fact that she's already leaving him alone.

He refused to be alone for the next few months.

Rolling her eyes, Deiji stood up and placed the diary into her tote bag. "We have months to make plans. Something urgent came up" waving at him she was about to step back into his house when she heard his voice call out. "So you're leaving me here alone"

Stopping in her tracks, she smirked lightly and looked over her shoulder. Folded arms and sulking, he furrowed his brows, displeased by her. She wanted to burst out laughing. However, Deiji refrained from letting a single snicker out. Instead she cocked a brow in a confident manner.