○ 40

Cutting people off & letting them live with whatever delusional story suits them best, is top tier

It was daunting . . how huge the place was. Joo ri began to think she might lose track of her route. However, her greatest fear was not losing her path but the thought of bumping into unwanted people. To her misery, that's exactly what happened.

In front of her, a formidable figure stood, emanating strength with height. Joo ri was already weak and she didn't have much energy to walk much further. All she could hear were her thoughts forging plans to navigate herself out of this situation. But all her mind could settle on was how freakishly scary he was. She didn't know what he was capable of. Gulping, Joo ri raised a hand and quietly spoke out. "Hi"

With a derisive snort, the man crossed his arms and racked his sight up and down her figure. "What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be on your way back"

she could see he was trying hard to not sound intimidating by speaking less harshly. However, the look in his eyes spoke more. The sharpness it struck her was painfully piercing. She could tell he was a demanding type. But something about him felt awfully familiar. She couldn't put her finger on it.

"I-I was looking for Chenle" she muttered out. Darkening his brows he examined her cautiously for a fleeting moment before clicking his tongue in annoyance. "He's over there" he nodded in the direction behind him.

Taking it as a sign that she can go, Joo ri didn't waste a time to escape from being around him. Sadly, he spoke once again stopping her from her tracks. "You're lucky you survived. Not many get to when I decide to end them"

That was his true self. His dark energy seeped out from every word he spewed. Something about him was rather uncomfortable and agitating. Joo ri felt frozen, unable to move. His words hurt her already, wounded heart. It made her question how cruel someone can be. But at that exact moment she realised something. It was him.

The guy who she spoke to on the phone. The Boss, Chenle constantly went on about. No wonder she found him familiar-it was his voice. But as realisation fell upon her, she understood why Chenle was so dedicated to following this man's orders.

He was terrifying

As innocent his features may be, he possessed some sort of unexplainable power within him. She had only been in his presence for a minute but it was overwhelming.

"You changed him" he casually said yet there was some ominous aura behind his words. She felt like pissing herself at that exact moment. She didn't know what he was on about nor did she care. Joo ri just wanted to leave.

Clenching his jaw tightly, he let out an exasperated breather before pinching the bridge of his nose. "Just leave" he exhaled out in a tired manner. Taking a slow step back, he began to move away from her. "Before I change my mind" he quietly muttered and disappeared around the corner.