○ EPILOGUE

As the sun dipped low on the horizon, casting golden hues across the sprawling mansion grounds. Deiji herself wandering through the tranquil vineyard. The air was filled with the sweet scent of purple pearls, and the distant chirping of birds added to the serene atmosphere.

She was happy to be here once again. The best break you can have from the bustling city. Crouched on the ground she grazed her fingertips on the grapes. As she did so, her smile widened then suddenly she began to stuff her mouth full of these fresh five-a-days.

However, to her dissatisfaction, she was unable to get through a lot when a shriek was heard from behind. Upon twisting her head around, she found Ten a few feet away with his mouth a gap. "Hey I literally told you to not eat them!!"

His screams faded as the young girl distanced herself away from the older man who began to chase her. A buoyant laugh left her lips as she sprinted down the bushes. Sun glowing against her skin, the fresh air combing through her locks. She was having the best time in her life.

But the cherry on the top was pissing Ten off!

Swerving through the mansion she began to find a good place to hide when her search came to short hold when her shoulder bumped into Eun tak. "Ahh sorry" the younger girl briefly apologise before scrambling away.

Utterly confused, Eun tak glanced over to the man beside her but her words did not even pass her lips when a tired Ten barged into the room. "Where did that silly runt go off to?"

Eyes widening, Eun tak letting out a small unnoticeable smile before pointing in the complete opposite direction. Taking one more inhale, Ten marched away. Scoffing lightly, Eun tak turned to face Kun who had a questioning gaze. "She's my niece. I'll always be on her side"

Chuckling, the older man nodded and continued their stride through mansion halls. It had only been an hour since the girls arrived but only now they found themselves alone, a moment of quiet between them. "So you were talking about your son?"

"Hmm . . yes, he's thinking of marriage soon" tutting his head he exhaled. "It's shocking how fast time flies. The last time I saw you, you weren't even married" chuckling she briefly nodded. As they strolled along the winding paths, Kun inquired about her children and husband, and Eun Tak happily shared stories of her family.

But then a comfortable silence settled between them. Eun tak looked over at him from the corner of her eye. "You liked me back then didn't you" she stated, taking the man by surprise. Halting in his steps he lifted his head from the floor and looked over at her with a blank expression.

Not getting any response, Eun tak turned her whole body and faced him. "Yet you acted like you did not know" Kun breathed out. Gazing between his eye's Eun tak scoffed and shook her head. "You know it was for the best"

"Of course" he admitted, his tone light with a wide smile across his face. They stared at one another for a while before Kun interrupted. "I'm glad you're doing well," there was raw sincerity in his eyes, reflecting genuine happiness for her.

Eun Tak's expression faded away slowly. A hint of remorse in her features. "I apologise for what I said back then, about not wanting anything to do with you," she confessed, her voice tinged with regret.

Kun shook his head, a warm smile gracing his features. "I understand why you said what you said," he reassured her, his tone gentle. "Thank you for respecting my decision," Eun Tak said gratefully, a sense of relief washing over her.

As they reminisced about their past encounters, laughter filled the air, easing any remaining tension between them. They reached the doorway of the room where their friendship had first blossomed, and Eun Tak's gaze lingered on it for a moment, memories flooding back.

Kun pressed his lips together, lost in thought. "Looking back, we did have a good conversation," he admitted.

Eun Tak turned to him, a hopeful look in her eyes. "It would be nice to carry them on, wouldn't it?" she mused.

Kun extended his hand towards her. "Friends... again?" he proposed, a glimmer of anticipation in his eyes.

Returning his smile, Eun Tak chuckled softly, reaching out to grasp his hand. "Friends," she affirmed, a sense of peace settling between them.

Meanwhile, Deiji was eventually caught by Ten who began to drag the girl away to a safer zone. Afterall he had found her attempting to break into the unrestricted part of the mansion. The area where their weapons were stored.

Even though they refused to carry on the jobs they once used to do, the men did not discard the illegal items. However, after what Ten just witnessed, he began to question if it might be a suitable option knowing this sneaky girl won't stop until she enters.

"Party pooper" she scowled, arms folded across her chest. Rolling his eyes, the Thai male hit the back of her head making her let out a low scream. "Are you bullying her? Don't think Chenle would be happy?"

Snapped her head towards the voice that broke her staring contest with Ten, she found an unexpected figure lurking in front of them. Even though she visited the mansion the year before with Sungchan, she did not speak to everyone. And this person, she barely interacted with.

However, she was well aware as to who he was. Instantly, her orbs darkened, features falling strong and stoic. Cocking a brow, Winwin examined her, finding it upmost intriguing, "You have his eyes," he breathed out.

Strangely, that comment sent a flame into her heart, warming it. Slowly she unknowingly relaxed her features. With a gentle pat on the girl's head, Winwin continued on his way, leaving Deiji to ponder his words.

Slowly turning to Ten, she found the man completely not fazed by the interaction he just witnessed but instead screwing his eyes down at her. "Where's your mum? I can't leave you alone anymore"

As she strolled through the garden, memories flooded her mind like a gentle stream. Over 20 years had passed since she last walked these paths, yet everything seemed unchanged. The pond still shimmered with colourful fish darting beneath the surface, a reminder of the passage of time.

Turning away from the familiar sight, she continued down the pebbly path, each step a journey through the corridors of her past. The fragrant air enveloped her, carrying whispers of bygone days and cherished moments.

Finally, she reached a clearing and knelt down, a sense of reverence washing over her as she placed delicate white lilies in front. The beauty surrounding her was timeless, a sanctuary amidst the chaos of life.

Gazing in front of her, she found her heart thundering against her chest. A mix of excitement and sorrow rushing through her nerves. Closing her eyes she took a inhale of the clean aroma, a calming energy taking over.

Flickering her eyes open, she looked at her late husband, a loving smile adorning her lips as her heart overflowed with gratitude for the simple pleasures and the cherished memories shared between her and her dear.

With a voice filled with a soft melody that danced with the rustling leaves she spoke out to him once again. After all those years, she called out . . .

"Hey ... cupcakes here" 

as requested by Coconutmelonabar  and their great idea, here is a epilogue for you all!!! <3 

see you guys soon, Adios!!