○ 36

The door swung open forcefully, catching everyone off guard

Winwin turned towards the commotion, only to witness Chenle forcefully entering, carrying Joo ri on his back, her form appearing limp and unconscious. "Chenle you're back . . . and with her" he cocked a brow in disgust after eventually laying eyes on the feeble looking girl he had only communicated over call.  Tilting his neck to the side in a observant manner he gawked at her closely. "Is she dead yet?"

Clenching his jaw tightly, Chenle released a furious exhale and sharply turned his attention towards Ten. "Give her the damn antidote, RIGHT NOW!" Perplexed, Winwin rose from the couch, allowing his glass of liquor to fall abruptly onto the table. 

Despite being taken aback by Chenle's tone, he scoffed and strode over. "Not needed" he simply voiced. The confidence that Chenle wouldn't question his judgement and decision was evident. Thus, the tone of his voice was extremely serene.

Deliberately slow, he strode over. Reaching to her hand, Winwin lifted it up to feel a faint pulse.

"She's nearly dead." he stated before sharply shifting his gaze to Chenle. Intensifying his stare, the etches of Winwin's lips lifted up. "And that's what we wanted."

Twisting around, the older Chinese boy retreated back to the couch. "But I have to say, she did a good job bringing you back here" he chuckled amused by her innocence and obliviousness to the danger.

Winwin was impressed, he honestly hadn't expected her to deceive the police so effortlessly, but they were simply a bunch of morons. The overarching plan was to retrieve Chenle and eliminate the last two witnesses. One was already on the brink, and dispatching the other wouldn't take long. All that remained was to locate a suitable place to bury them, ensuring a clean slate.

"No one is dying!!" His voice thundered with anger, as if Satan himself had taken possession of his body. The raw droplets of venom echoed with each word, a forceful and unwavering decree.

At any moment, it felt like Chenle was on the verge of a rampage, a mission to slaughter everyone who steps in his way.

Handing Joo ri over to Ten, the Thai boy stood in the corner, utterly clueless about what he had just witnessed. Chenle had talked back to their boss. Glancing between the two, he then looked down at the pale girl. She appeared weak and sickly, her body burning up like an inferno. Ten wasn't even sure she had much time left unless they acted.

"Give her the antidote!"

Narrowing his eyes, the older boy scrutinized Chenle in a foreign manner, unable to recognize the person standing in front of him. The others, too, found his behaviour rather eccentric.

"You look like you care about her?" he teasingly scoffed as he took a sip of his drink. However, he could tell that Chenle was being serious. Sighing, Winwin rolled his eyes. "Discard her Ten. She's no use"