○ 2

She was 5 years old when she learned about the figure named father

She was 5 years old when she learned about the figure named father. It wasn't something a toddler would know about. Deiji never knew that father was someone that exists. That was until she joined her nursery and found that most people have more than one parent.

And she was the odd duckling of the brood

It never bothered her at that age. Afterall, the only thing that circulated her mind was fun and playtime. But things changed as she got older.

She noticed that she was missing on things that her classmates did when they were with their parents. The stories of their fathers teaching them how to cycle and how they went fishing. Deiji began to question her mother as to why she did not have a father.

This question was left unanswered and now she is 18 years old still pondering over the reason.

Her mother was reluctant to tell her. Deiji knew that she was hiding something from her. And she hated it.

The longer her mother avoided the question, the more their relationship began to fade. She used to be so close with her. The laughter of joy and contentment that they shared when younger.

Now Deiji doesn't even feel like she has a mother. She never sees her in the mornings and rarely sees her at night. Breakfast and lunch do not exist. And dinner has shifted from the dining table to their desks in their rooms.

Leaning forward, she placed her palms on either side of her head. The boy just observed her feeling a slight sense of guilt. Looking to the ground he sighed lightly. Then out of nowhere Deiji found him standing up before kneeling down in front of her legs.

Upon noticing how she did not tie her shoelaces per usual, he began to do it for her. "You're going to trip" he muttered under his breath. Gazing down from her seating position, Deiji silently watched without saying a word. "You need to learn how to tie shoelaces," he began the lecture.

Grumbling slightly, Deiji shrugged her shoulders and rested her cheek on her palm. "I've tried. It's so difficult" chuckling, Sungchan sat back and pushed his lunchbox towards her. She hadn't eaten anything yet. She insisted on heading to the snack store later. It's more likely to be empty without any long queues.

But it seemed like she had forgotten because of the uncomfortable topic.

Running her palm through her dyed hair, she snatched a egg roll with the chopsticks and took a bite. Staring outside the window, she gazed outside taking in all the figures running through the fields and enjoying themselves. Sighing, she drifted her sight around until a distant figure caught her attention.

Han Jiro

Tall, charming looking, sporty male senior who has his own fan club created by a large number of girls in their school.

Biting the edge of her chopsticks, Deiji observed as the older boy walked towards the water fountain. Tilting her head up, she peeked through the window curiously. Her orbs followed his movement as he lifted the hose pipe and let the water drip down his sweaty white shirt.