○ 8

Look at this stuff, isn't it neat?

wouldn't you think my collection's complete?

Wouldn't you think I'm the girl?

The girl who has everythin'?

"Look at this stuff?" Deiji hushed out in utmost shock

"Look at this stuff?" Deiji hushed out in utmost shock. Her finger dug through the various items in a thrilling way. Momentarily looking over to Sungchan she gestured to him to come closer.

"Don't think your mum will be happy if I go through her stuff" he pointed out. Rolling her eyes, Deiji flung out a photo and pushed it into his face. "Look, it's just my baby photos and some random objects.'' She picked up a keychain and tilted her head in a judgmental manner as she observed it. Shaking her head and she shrugged her shoulders lightly and sent a look over to him. "It's fine" she dragged out, her voice falling a little lower.

Pressing his lips together, he debated on whether to listen or not. But after connecting his orbs to her stubborn cold ones he nodded obediently and scooted over without another comment. That was when he found something rather peculiarly intriguing. "Your mum used to collect stamps."

Glancing back at him she found the boy holding a tiny book with stamps inside. This was new to Deiji. She never learned that about her mother and it made her heart plummet. She began to realise that Sungchan might actually be correct. 

Gulping she let out a fake chuckle and snatched it out his palm before discarding it aside. "Looks like you both share that quality" after not receiving a response she explained what she was trying to say. "You have a hobby of collecting things as well. . . fossils" she implied with a little ounce of strength behind her words that portrayed annoyance. She wasn't pissed at Sungchan but herself. However, she happened to show it through her words and sadly placed it on him.

It wasn't difficult for him to catch onto it. She was an open book to him. Sending a sympathetic look, he looked down at his palms that rested on his lap.

"Sungchan look at this!!" Deiji shrieked out aggressively. Snapping his eyes over to her, the boy flickered over to the item she held.

"Is that an album?" he questioned, pulling it closer to him. It was a photo of Deiji's mother with her older brother Joo chan. It looked like it was Halloween because of their pirate costumes. It was evident that they were not having fun with their matching outfits.

"You're uncle looks so different. How old are they here? 7? 12?" he carried on. "I don't know" Deiji dragged out while rummaging through the box again. That was when she pulled out a frame. It didn't contain a photo but flowers instead. "What is this?" she questioned herself.

"Preserved flowers?" he answered before taking it out of her hold. "It's dated 23rd February 2005" lifting his chin up he looked over to Deiji. An unusual expression settled on her. One that he had never seen before. A ghostly aroma circulated around her. It was as if she had been taken over by something strong and controlling. Her nerves began to tremble and a sight of discomfort was vivid in her dark orbs. "Hey what's wrong-"