○ 6

"Morning" low and raspy he stretched his limbs outwards whilst letting out a satisfying yawn

"Morning" low and raspy he stretched his limbs outwards whilst letting out a satisfying yawn. The sensation of his bones cracking by his casual movements helped him wake up a little more. However, his eye lids remained heavy, partially blocking the view. 

Twisting around on her heels by the hoarse voice that spoke from behind her, Sungchan's mother spotted her tired little boy making his way towards her. Like a new born fawn finding its comfort, he sluggishly dragged his feet as his hands rubbed on his eyes in circular motions.

Following his figure she watched as he lengthened his arm out to either side of him before wrapping them around her petite figure. Trapping her into his embrace the boy exhaled dramatically.

"You woke up early," she chuckled out. It's unusual seeing him walking around at a time where the sun hadn't completely set high in the sky. Afterall, it wasn't a school day. She expected him to sleep till noon. However, her curiosity was sent to a dim light when she got the response to it. "The floor was cold so I woke up"

"Floor?" his mother repeated dumbfounded.

"Yeah, you remember Deiji's habit of kicking people in her sleep. She hasn't grown out of it. I ended up on the floor this morning" he yawned for the nth time.

Laughing out, she patted his cheek gently. However, the joyful laughter faded away when a thought flooded her mind. "How is she now?" heading over to the dishes, the boy began to wash them. "She's better . . . and is still sleeping"

Walking over to her son, she gave him a side hug and rested her cheek on his arm. "When did you grow so tall?" Smiling warmly, Sungchan looked down at her shorter stance and shrugged his shoulders quite egotistically. "I'm so proud of you. You've grown up into a strong reliable man" Though he did not respond, the smug smile that lifted off his features said everything. However, it did not last long. "But you're still terrible at expressing your emotions"

"What?" he snapped his head over to her and shut the running tap. Smirking, his mother walked away and leant on the counter top. Arms folded, she cocked a brow with a knowing gaze that struck him from the corner of her eye. "Do you care about her a lot because she is your friend . . . or because you like her?"

Flabbergasted, he unknowingly dropped the small bowl that was sturdy in his palm into the sink. "W-what" he fumbled out. Looking away, Sungchan peered at his mother through his peripheral view. Gulping he tried not to show his real emotions. "Like her? Mum you must've woken up on the wrong side of the bed" he calmly answered. Stupidly the least convincing way possible. His posture and body language spoke more than his words did.

A confident smile danced across her orbs as she sipped on her morning latte quietly. "Mmhmm whatever you say" though she spoke as if she had no care in the world, the hint of tease did not vanish completely.

"I'm not lying" he tried to convince her but he knew. Sungchan was basically speaking to a brick wall that was impossible to crack open. She was determined to stand her ground for her scepticism for the two teenagers relationship. Unfortunate to him, she was in the right.