○ 18

Their country's crime rate isn't the worst compared to other places according to google

Their country's crime rate isn't the worst compared to other places according to google. Then again it is google we are talking about. The same google that says that you have 3 days left to live just because you happened to have thrown up.

Nonetheless, the crime rating in this particular city within the country is another story. The city she lives in is the worst.

But the most terrible part of it, was the security. Everyone turns to the police in hopes that they can cure all their worries by aiding the civilians' concerns away. But the truth is, it's all a façade.

They don't care about their safety. Especially the ones who take bribes. Ones who use their authority and power against the righteous. But even though everyone is aware of this they still turn their heads towards them because they believe and trust. Hope that maybe they are wrong and that the police would actually help. Because that is what they are supposed to do.

And with nowhere to turn that was exactly what Joo ri chose to do. But never did she expect it to be so similar to the Asian supermarket that she visits every month.

Angry mothers pushing and shoving. It was like they were having a riot or maybe just bargaining for good deals.

Hesitant to join the crowd by sensing the claustrophobia, Joo ri casted away from the rest to wait in the car. A safe place. Sadly, before she could even take a step towards it, a strong arm barged against her, toppling her backwards.

Losing balance, she let out a faint gasp feeling her body fall. She wasn't even able to stabilise herself as her arm was out of reach from the wall that was a few feet away from her.

Strangely she didn't feel fear of the injuries she would accumulate by the fall. Instead her mind surfaced with confusion. This whole ordeal was somewhat familiar. Like deja vu.

She waited for the impact. She waited for her back to hit the floor. The feeling of her bones crushing and sending an agony pain equally along her spine. But instead, she felt something entirely different. Something rather soft and cosy.

Leisurely she lifted her eyelids in a slow motion. In utter confusion, Joo ri blinked a few times before realising how there were a pair of hands clasped on either side of her upper arms. The cold touch they sent against her skin cells that were heated up sent a shiver along her nerves.

Carefully, she lifted herself from the lying down position off the person before sitting down on the floor. Flickering around her surroundings she observed how there were two legs lying on either side of her. Her back was facing the person who saved her from a nasty fall.

Twisting her body around she faced a view of a broad chest. The only thing she could see was a plain black shirt decorated with a small image on the left side of his chest. Huffing out some air, Joo ri gently lifted her sight up to find herself gazing deep into the eyes of a guy. He looked so entrancing. The changing lights shone against his glowing skin. His deep dark hollow orbs filled with so much mystery to the extent that Joo ri wanted to forage in them.

Taking in some air she gasped. Her mind fogged up by an unrecalled memory. She totally forgot about the event that occurred before the tragedy that happened. The moment where she flung herself onto someone and ate them alive.

Scoffing, Joo ri fell into a pit of dismay as she mentally scolded herself. All she remembers was what she had done. But not who she did.

Right then she came back to the present and found something was awfully off. She wasn't falling back anymore. Instead there were two hands clasped on either side of her arms stabilising her. Her back rested against this person's chest. He had gracefully caught her in time.

Eye's widening by the recall this event was bringing back, she froze.

This scene was too similar.

What in the world?!

Slowly spinning around, Joo ri took a step back and tilted her head up to see nothing but brightness. The sunlight hit her pupils making her involuntarily squint as they contracted. She was unable to make out the features of the face in front of her.

Don't tell me . . . is this that guy?

"Are you ok, miss?" he questioned while softly placing his palm on her shoulder. Blinking a few times, Joo ri spun around facing away from him. She couldn't face him. It's too embarrassing.

Sadly, he did not allow her to blatantly ignore him. Walking in front of her he blocked her view from the crowded people and gazed down in an observant manner.

Gulping down her clogged up throat, Joo ri tilted her sight upwards to find them land on his features. She was able to get a better look at the guy now that the sun wasn't blinding her.

Furrowing her eyebrows she screwed her eyes closer to notice something extremely pleasant. His eyes . . . they were different.

It's not him.

Her pounding heart that she hadn't even taken a notice of melted away. A sigh of relief hit her like a block of ice on a hot summer's day. But her cooled down aroma took a de-turn when an item flew out the police station right past her shoulder.

The gust of air from the force of the throw tingled her neck hair instinctively making her flinch. Orbs wide as saucers, Joo ri looked up at the guy in a way that she was mentally questioning if he had seen what she just did.

The station was a mess and he was aware of it.  For a moment his lips parted before closing up and he cleared his throat. "Are you here to file a report?" he questioned. Cautiously eyeing him, she nodded slowly unsure what it had to do with him.

"I can take in your report. I'm a detective"

 I'm a detective"