○ 29

Lying down on her forth, Deiji adjusted her sunglasses, securing them atop her tousled locks

Lying down on her forth, Deiji adjusted her sunglasses, securing them atop her tousled locks. Sheltering underneath the large umbrella, she immersed herself in the pages of her mothers diary. It was getting interesting.

There she stretched her limbs at the coast to the neighbouring beach where her mother shared her second kiss with Chenle. Giggling, Deiji rolled side to side before eventually settling onto her back. The diary gracefully extended above her face, casting a captivating silhouette against the sunlit sky. 

Dropping it onto her stomach, she stared up at the umbrella. A storm of thought began to unfurl in her mind. She was uncertain whether her imagination was getting the best of her or if her instincts were indeed expression something possible correct. Her aunt did mention that she may learn more about her father.

Shaking her head, Deiji placed the diary on her face before shutting her eyes close. "Deiji" a voice called out tenderly. Pulling the book down she revealed her eyes. Staring up, she found Sungchan bending down from his standing stance greeting her.

Returning the diary on her stomach again, Deiji propped herself on her elbows. "What's up?" with a euphoric smile, he sat beside her and placed some items onto the blanket she laid on.

Understanding that he had something to show, Deiji shifted all her attention towards him by sitting up straight. Tying her hair up, she observed the blanket to find some pebbles and . . .

"Fossils!" she hushed and picked one up. "Are these real?!" she questioned him. Nodding his head he trailed his finger over the details. "This is a coral fossil. It's said that specimens of a coral can be fossilised for over 20 million years. And I think this one is 450 million years old," he proudly said. Features dropping, Deiji sent a look of disbelief. It was clear that she didn't believe him. "I'm not lying" he defended himself.

"Hmm right. . . then what's this? A dinosaur?" she humorously let out whilst picking up the other fossil he found. However, she screwed her eyes closer. Instead of resembling a fossil, it bore an uncanny resemblance to a hook. "Why does this look like a tooth?" she nervously questioned. "That's because it is" shrieking, Deiji flung it aside.

Screaming lightly, Sungchan lunged forward and picked up the precious artifact. Pouting he delicately caressed it. "Do you know how rare this is?!!" It was the first time he got aggravated by her. However, she couldn't keep her face straight after the next thing he said. "This tooth belongs to a giant prehistoric shark, a megalodon"

Suppressing her laughter behind tightly pressed lips, Deiji attempted to keep her chuckles within but failed to do so. Bursting out into a fit of laughter, she playfully slapped his shoulder continuously. Clicking his tongue, Sungchan caught her wrist. "I'm not lying," he reiterated.

Holding her stomach she took a few deep breaths. "Ok ok, I believe you" she nodded but he didn't seem convinced. "Seriously Deiji, I'm not lying" smiling, Deiji ruffled his hair and patted his cheek. "Ok I believe you"