○ 30

The forceful pull tugged at her harshly

The forceful pull tugged at her harshly. When she was lifted from underneath Joo ri did not have to question who it was. The discontentment across his face by her actions spoke enough.

Fury rode through his dark orbs. The disquieted gaze burned strongly. She wanted to melt into the ocean and flow away. "What were you thinking? It's dangerous and-" abruptly stopping, he furrowed his brows noticing something that shouldn't be disregarded.

His palms that was placed on her elbows emitted intense heat. Flickering his sight between their points of contact, Chenle shifted his attention back to her, to see how exhausted and faint she was. Anyone could easily be deceived that she was just drowsy with lack of sleep, but Chenle began to get wary. He's seen this kind of state in many people before.

And his questions had been answered when a trickle of blood dripped down her nose. Sensing it, Joo ri instantly tilted her head up to the sky and hovered her palm under her nose. "It's - it's not stopping" she cried out, her voice weak and feeble.

Exhaling exasperatedly, Chenle tore his shirt off his body and balled it up. Gazing at the distressed girl, he placed his hand on the back of her head and dabbed his shirt against her nose.

It took awhile but the nose bleed had stopped.

Joo ri sat under the midnight sky cross legged with Chenle's shirt in her palms. Her body temperature had not returned back to normal but she wasn't as elevated as before. Thanks to her impulsive act of jumping into the sea.

As the night progressed, the air cooled, the tides crashed aggressively, strong ocean currents drove relentlessly. Joo ri tucked herself back into her clothes and the leather jacket. Chenle on the other hand was not wearing his shirt. Afterall, not long ago, it was used as a handkerchief.

He wasn't the least bothered. Instead he began to understand a few things. His Boss was devious as always. Perfectly planned to get Joo ri to play into his hands. Sadly the girl was oblivious as to what she was getting herself into.

Throwing another pebble into the sea in front of him, Chenle turned back and walked towards Joo ri. Sitting down beside her he immediately pushed back her hair off her shoulder to get a better look.

Palm resting on her neck he used his thumb to gently hover his thumb over the surface of her skin. At his cold touch on her burning skin, Joo ri flinched and seethed in some air.

It was now clear to him why she constantly scratched at this area. Dropping his hand, Chenle huffed out some air. "You're poisoned" he stated. "And you knew, that's why you agreed to help me escape" shaking her head, Joo ri coughed out.

"They have Eun tak. I would've done it either way" cocking a brow Chenle racked his sight over her. "But that was the only reason you agreed to meet my Boss. For the antidote." at this Joo ri pressed her lips together.