○ 42

Those three days were unforgettable

Those three days were unforgettable. When she first began to write in her diary wishing for meaningful memories, Joo ri only thought about her past. Leaving high school and how she immediately got a job. She believed that her childhood came to an end.

She thought the best years are during that short period in your life; where most of your favourite, significant memories and experiences will occur. But those 3 days changed her whole perspective.

Eun tak was right. Her life only began from that moment onwards. She saw this new light shine in front of her. Since then she began to see things differently. Joo ri began to appreciate the small things in life and enjoy everything she does.

But those three days were unforgettable for her.

A whole rollercoaster ride. As dangerous as it was and as doubtful as she was back then, she was glad it happened. Joo ri understood that certain things happen as you grow older, bad or good, you always learn from it and she never regretted the decision she took back then. Instead she cherished it.

She cherished him.

She never forgot about him. It's been three years since that day and so much happened. 

Her grandmother passed away but her mother remained in Jeju. She stayed there in the country, relaxing whilst living on the rents from the tenants that lived in the small house that were on the terrace.

Joo ri insisted on renting the bottom house on as well so that her mother can come and live with her. But she refused. Her mother preferred the country. However, for the past 2 months she had been living with her brother and her daughter-in-law because Eun tak was pregnant. Her mother insisted on helping Eun tak and looked after her while Joo chan went to work.

Joo ri on the other hand, had moved out a year ago and bought her own apartment. On top of that, her mother had completely handed down her business to her. And shockingly, Joo ri began to grow fond of the nail salon. Touching it up a bit, she changed it. She even grew it bigger and opened a franchise just a few months ago.

Honestly speaking, it wouldn't have happened unless Gu dol and Eliot were beside her. And yes she recruited Eliot, he had been helping her so much, he practically worked there.

Things began to turn around. Yet she was never truly satisfied and felt like she still hadn't accomplished her heart's desire.

She wished to meet him again - Chenle

"Thank you" she sent a warm smile to the worker and lifted the cardboard handle of the drink carrier that held 4 takeaway cups of hot drinks. Just before she headed to the salon early in the morning, she received a call from Eliot. He had been having a hard time with some finance aspects of the work and had been stressing out for the past few days.

Therefore, she bought some coffee and snacks to assure everyone that they were doing a great job. Lifting her phone to her ear after hearing the projection of her ringtone lighten up the quiet café, she accepted to hear Gu dol cry out.

Chuckling, Joo ri spun on her heels to head her way to her car. "Yes, I'm on my way - oh sorry" she carried out after crashing her shoulder against the person who was walking right past her. " . . . no not you, I just bumped into someone . . . Ok, ok bye. I'll be there in 10 minutes"

Tutting her head, she placed her phone into her trench coat before pulling out her car keys. A classic. The majestic old navy '62 stingray glistening under the autumn rays of falling leaves. What a beauty.

When she said she loved her old car she meant it. Modern and unique in colour, she thought that car was the love of her life but when she learned that Winwin was allowing her to keep this spectacular car, she totally forgot about her old one.

She still miss's it. Whenever she comes across the same dark brown SUV on the road she remembers it. However, as soon as her orbs fall onto the Corvette that day, 3 years ago, her mind instantly forgets. She was glad that Chenle sold it, otherwise, she would've never caught hold of this beauty.

Standing right in front of her corvette, she unlocked it and was about to open the door when a voice was heard from behind.

"Cupcake"

A faint call was left out. Freezing in her stance, Joo ri lifted her head up and felt the fresh gush of autumn air flutter through her curls. Heart racing profoundly, Joo ri instantly felt a flutter in her stomach at the sound of his voice.

Questioning her hearing she began to believe that she was hallucinating. Biting her bottom lip she ever so slowly spun on her heels. 

There, a few feet away, he stood in flesh with a shock across his face that reciprocated with hers. She couldn't believe it. She thought she'd never see him again.

Three year

Three years passed and they never crossed paths again. She believed that Chenle may have forgotten about her and moved on. But that never upset her. However, there he was standing there. She watched in awe.

Red tips gone, his dark black hair had grown out and he looked more dashing than ever. She wanted to go to him. She wanted to stand in front of him but Joo ri couldn't. For some reason she was scared to. Scared that he might not want her in his life again and for that reason she stood there still, clutching on her keys in one hand while the other grasped onto the drink carrier.

But to her surprise, Chenle began to lethargically walk towards her then suddenly he sped up his pace, running over. Then before she could even process it, a hand curved around her waist and pulled her closer into an embrace.

Resting his chin on her shoulder, he caressed one hand on the back of her head while the other wrapped around her waist. Squeezing her tight in his hold, he let out a deep exhale as if he hadn't breathed in ages. As if she was his air. Tilting his head slightly he pressed his cold lips on her warm ear sending a tingle up her spine. A comforting whisper spoke into her ear.

"I miss you"