2.

— FLASHBACK —

"So basically you were given an opportunity to make money, but you still haven't called or went to the club is what you're tellin' me?" Raquel, a friend that Asia had made a few weeks ago, asked.

Asia shrugged her shoulders, heavily signing. "When you put it like that—"

"You crazy? You like bein' homeless, livin' out ya car, Asia?" Raquel retorted as she shook her head, feeling a high level of disappointment.

"No, I don't, but a stripper? Raq, you know that ain't me." Asia scoffed as she put her hands in her jacket pockets, trying to warm up her fingers.

Raquel grabbed Asia's arm, stopping her from walking more. "Strippers aren't whores, A."

"I ain't say that. I'm just sayin', I neva' pictured workin' at a club when I moved to the A."

Chuckling, "Well, I see it as the perfect opportunity fa you. It's not like you don't know how to dance." Raquel shook her head as she began to walk again.

"I can dance, but not on a pole. Would if I fuck up, Raq?" Asia asked as they leaned against her car, continuing their conversation.

Raquel pulled Asia into a side hug, rubbing her hand up and down her arm. "Life is about takin' risk. Take the risk, and if you fail, try again."

"I'll think about it."

— FLASHBACK OVER —

                                             ***
Asia Re'Shontae Allen | Three Days Later

Asia sat outside of the club in her car, staring down at the card that India had given her a couple of days prior. She flipped the card over to the back, seeing that India had wrote a note on it.

If you decide to come, go to the front door. Tell the bouncer that India Royale sent you.

Growing tired of overthinking, she opened the car door with the card still in her hand, walking to the door. She walked to the bouncer, starting to hold up the card until he stopped her, stepping in front of her.

"Woah, woah, woah, ma'am you gone have to go to the back of the line." The man whose name tag said Dallas said as he pointed at the line.

"India Royale sent me here, so get the fuck out my face, man." She replied as she showed him the card, signing out of aggravation.

"Ion give a fuck if Grandson sent you, get yo black ass to the back of the line." He stepped closer to her, pointing.

"Man, get the fuck out my face!" She yelled as she pushed him back, and he grunted. Before he could retaliate, Durk pulled him by his arm.

"If she said my wife sent ha here, let ha in this bitch, D." He said as he grabbed Asia's arm, slightly pulling her closer to him.

"My bad, Durk. My bad, miss. I was just doin' my job." Dallas nodded his head, and she scoffed as she shook her head.

"Mhm. Learn to listen and pay attention when somebody show you evidence." She scolded, rolling her eyes at him.

"Come on, foenem." Durk walked in front of her, leading the way through the club.

The club's ambiance consisted of a dark lighting with blue, red, and green colorful lights on. Asia looked around the club, noticing that India was dancing on the center pole while the other women gave men and women lap dances. She looked at the money on the floor, trying not to fall as she followed Durk to the back of the club.