24.

Asia Re'Shontae Allen | May 17, 2019

"This is nice." Asia smiled as the realtor showed her the apartment.

Since tension in housing was at an all time high along with her and Von's situation, Asia decided that it would be best that she moved into an apartment.

She was touring a two bedroom, two bathroom apartment with lots of space. The living room, dining room, and kitchen were in one huge space. There was also a study room and balcony.

"How much and when can I start movin' in?" She asked as she showed the bag of cash that she had.

Three hours later...

Pulling up at Ari and Herb's new house, Asia honked the horn to alert Ari that she was outside and waiting for her.

After about two minutes, Ari walked out of the house, jogging to the car.

"Hey, Lil Mama." She smiled as she got in the car, closing the door and putting her seatbelt on before Asia pulled off.

"Wassup." Asia smiled, excited to shop for her new place that she had gotten.

"You really just up and bought an apartment? When you moving in?" Ari asked.

"Today. I went to the furniture sto' to get bedroom sets, living room set, dining room set, all'em sets!" Asia yelled as she hopped up and down in her seat, still driving.

"PERIOD!" Ari yelled as she turned the music up.

***

"This a lot of shit." Ari said as they brought a multitude of BedBath&Beyond, Walmart, Target, Office Depot, and Dollar General bags into the apartment.

Asia signed, "Yeen lyin', bitch."

After bringing all of the bags into the apartment, the girls began to clean the bathrooms, kitchen, and sweep and mop the house.

"I'm so ready fa my furniture to come tomorrow!" Asia yelled over the music, still cleaning.

"You told Von about you movin'?" Ari asked, causing Asia to mentally roll her eyes.

"No. Why should I?" Asia asked since she was slightly confused about her question.

"It's the professional thing to do, that's why." Ari answered, frowning as she gave Asia a puzzled look. "You okay?"

Asia looked around, feeling Ari get curious. "You okay?" She asked, raising her eyebrows as she thought about how different she had been acting.

"Same time on three?" Ari asked.

1

2

3

"I'm pregnant."

"I'm fuckin' Von."

Both of their mouths dropped, gasping as they put their hands over their mouths.

"You pregnant, friend? Asia asked as she felt happy for Ari and Herb.

Ari smiled as she nodded her head. "Yeah. You fuckin' Von?" She asked.

"Yeah." Asia confessed as she sat on the ground with her, and they both signed.

"You seem sad. Is it somethin' you don't want?" Ari asked as she took the gloves off her hands.

Taking off her gloves, "Ion know how to feel. It's like, ion wanna allow myself to be as vulnerable as I could be because of my thoughts." Asia vented, shaking her head.